Mirawyn's Mom

ishylynn

Mirawyn asked me to post for her. Her mother is in the hospital, where they found a fairly aggressive form of lymphoma, along with hepatitis. I really don't know many more details, but I know her mom and their family could use the prayer.

I pray that the God of all comfort will heal your mother and give comfort to you and your family in this time.

In the matchless name of Jesus,

Amen

Thanks, everyone. I have an update:

My mom is home, and her drug- and illness-induced fog is fading, which is good. Her bone marrow biopsy results aren't back yet, but if her marrow is clean, her prognosis is very good.

More here...

Wow! Just talked to my mom; she sounded clear and very smart.

It turns out this has been affecting her brain for a year, at least! Now she knows she hasn't been losing her mind; it was physiological. She's more clear-headed than she has been in a long time.

And I can tell you God does work in mysterious ways! From the time I found out about this, I believed the rapid development of the jaundice was a blessing because it lead to fast results. Now I know it was more; if she hadn't developed the jaundice, she would almost certainly have been dead by now. Instead of helping a sick mom, I would be making funereal arrangements. God IS good; that serious jaundice led to fast action on the part of the doctors.

And one I didn't mention before: my mom is not saved. Neither is my brother, my sister, my uncle, or my cousin. (My grandmother has never been mentally sound, but she isn't saved, either; in her case, I'm not sure her brain has ever been able to comprehend it. I just have to trust God and be patient with her.)

My mom has been struggling off and on emotionally. On the one hand, she's really cheerful sometimes; on the other...

Well, we just found out yesterday it's in her bone marrow. Still a very good prognosis, they said, but a much tougher battle. They started chemo on her yesterday, which was a surprise.

Still no results on the lung, though. They hope it's infected lymph nodes, not cancerous ones.

And my grandmother is getting worse. She's playing the diva (which she has done all her life) and laying on guilt trips with a very heavy hand. My mom came back from chemo yesterday, short of breath and having a hard time getting around. And what does Grandma say?

"I'm glad you're home. They won't wait on me the way you do."

Of course my uncle and brother are very good to her. They just won't wait on her hand and foot like my mom does. It's stressing my mom out and upsetting her.

Honestly? My grandmother should have been institutionalized years ago. She's a paranoid schizophrenic, emotionally abusive towards my mom, and she's unwilling to cooperate in her own health. At least in a good nursing home she would have people who are specially trained to make sure she takes meds and eats like she should; I think she AND my mom would be better off. My mom has to work; she can't be there all the time, and she isn't trained to deal with someone like her.

But my mom's two sisters would not go for it. Her sisters prefer to leave the responsibility to my mom and live several states away, and almost never visit. THEY send her money and gifts; my mom has to live with her. However, with my mom's illness, my uncle just might start pushing for that. He's already forcing my grandmother to show some considerations for my mother's current health.

It's also taking a toll on my brother, who moved in with my mom back in March. He's been a great help to my mom over the past few months. Since she got sick, he's been wonderful. But he has to work AND go to school as well as pick up the slack at home. He and my uncle are sharing responsibility for my mom and grandmother. But his schoolwork is suffering right now.

Back