Mod Updates

Elwood

Well, since I had to go searching for all of these for myself, I felt I could do others some good by providing links to the mods that are working with the new patch. I can't confirm all of these as I have not been in an instance, but they are not generating any errors so far. This is just a list of those I am using, so if I miss something you use please add a post so others who may want to update it also have a link.

!BugGrabber Grabs error messages
Advanced Trade Skill Window Upgrade to skills interface
ArcHUD2 HUD that I use mainly for feral/rogue combo points
ArkInventory One bag system that lets you split bag contents into different categories
BigWigs Bossmods Raid boss assist
BugSack Bag for error messages to go in
Cellular Whisper window
CraftList2 Craft query system that many in the guild use
Cryolysis3 Mage assist interface
Decursive Cleanse/decurse interface
DiamondThreatMeter Threat meter that works with Omen and KLH
Dominos Simple bar mod
eCastingBar Cast bar
EquipCompare Lets you compare items in inventory, on AH, in chat with what you have equipped
FlightMap Flight duration and location
Gatherer Working with Mapster as Cartographer is no longer working
GPS (Guild Positioning System) Guildie tracking as Cartographer is not working
Group Calendar Guild event scheduling calendar
Incubator Respawn timer for instance trash mobs
LittleWigs Small instance boss assist
LootLink Item tracking and linking for chat
Macaroon! Bar mod of amazement :)
Macaroon Xtras Extras for Macaroon
Mapster I have this because Cartographer is not working and I do not like Cart3
MikScrollingBattleText Scrolling text mod for damage, healing, mana regen
Necrosis I don't play a lock but this is apparently indispensable
oRA2 Alternative to CTmod raid assist
PallyPower Buff assist for pallies
QuestHelper Quest tracking and suggested plan of completion
TipTop Tooltip replacement
Titan Panel Reporting bar at top of screen
Titan Panel--Guild
TomTom Waypoint tracking
Violation DPS meter works with Titan and Fubar
X-Perl UnitFrames Unit frames of awesomeness
ZHunterMod Hunter assist interface

Last edited:
Last edited:
FYI, I have tried out Wowmatrix the past couple weeks, and I like it. it can determine which mods you have, and get the updates from their home sites.

WoWMatrix is a wolf in sheep's clothing :)

I won't go into anything about what they do too much save to say that the addons sites are working hard to block WoWMatrix. One day you may wake up and it no longer works.

Currently, though, the addon sites have already tried to block WM and in turn it actively hacks its way around those protections.

There are other issues, of which I am on the side of WM being illegal, though others believe it is not. However, the WM people are certainly unethical. I'll leave it there for anyone to decide about its use ;)

Welcome back Azolas / Maul :D Good thing Beta is over so we can maybe see you around again. ;)

Conner,

Thanks for your brief paragraph on WM. I was not aware there was any controversy surrounding this particular program, and now will investigate to see whether it is one I will choose to use in the future.

Ron

Conner,

Thanks again for the information. For any wondering, wowmatrix, while admittedly easy to use from an end user standpoint, basically steals bandwidth and ad revenue from the hosting sites. They do this by directly downloading the add-ons from the sites, while not passing through the ads those sites show, but instead substitute their own adds through their software.

I have to be honest enough to say that I use Ad-Blocker, so I generally don't see those ads anyway. But the principle remains...

I really wish their existed an easy to use, ethically managed add-on down loader. Since the Ace one no longer functions, and all the site specific ones are truly terrible, we are stuck with individual down loads of each add-on.

Back