More art... :D

Sheckle

So this is where my time is going to today....almost done with this picture out of my series of the four horsemen of the apocolypse. It's been fun...have to crank out the last one by tonight though, touch up the other three, and finish 11 more mini pinecone pics...all for one class! shoot me lol.

palel.jpg

lol thanks guys ...i cant take complete credit for the ones bill showed of the tiger and the angel. Those were my final projects last semester for drawing and painting....we had to do a master study...which meant find a piece of work from some other successful artist and try to copy it as best you can. The tiger was a painting so i used that for painting and the angel was a color image ...not sure what the media was originally but i used black and red conte for her.

HAHAHA! Ellie I love your Avatar! That's fun Game!

And Ashley, I always wanted to be an artist... but I can't draw much more than stick figures... You're truly talented!

I am impressed! I would like to see the complete series of the four horsemen. They certainly do not look like the defensive line that got that name!

Your artwork seems to have some very modern, even contemporary influences. How would you classify it?

lol thanks guys :) I'd love to share the rest of the series...a couple pictures still need some work...but I'll see what I can do.

Appreciate all the compliments! It's nice to have encouragement...and as far as influence..I have none...I don't look up artists and stuff like that :/ I just find reference pictures and paint that and kinda build around that. Not the best idea and definately not what im taught but...i dont like looking at someone elses art and playing off their ideas. I want my own to come about with whatever God puts in my head.

lol the assignment was to paint 50 of the same object....like a painting a day the entire semester but me being a procrastinator it turned into: Did a painting a day for 5 days....then just stopped painting them...then did about 10 a day the week before they were due ^.^ As much as everyone hated it, the assignment really helps you learn how color works together...more of a color theory project. As much as i grumbled about it...it did help.

Back