more bad news

Angus_Og

had about a hour or so worth of free time tonight and went to logon and say hi. found out either the power supply is dead or the motherboard. :(

i will try and do some troubleshooting tonight on it. hopefully it is just the power supply, that is easy enough to fix with the least amount of hassel.

Please may it be the PSupply and not the MB. I had the samething happen to me, it was the MB. I was not happy.

Ouch. that's not cool. You know what happened to Jack when he was all work... so get that PC fixed!

If the PC Restarts while trying to boot into windows or shuts down itself then look at the motherboard capacitors to see whether they're ok or not, if the capacitors look bad then its looks like its the motherboard.

it does not get that far, waiting for my voltmeter. i will have it today so i will find out about the power today. either it is the power coming in or the power coming out of the power source. i hope it is the power supply because the motherboard is no longer made and to replace it besides for the cost i also have to get a new chip, then it also becomes a pain since i have to mess with the drivers and the current os to get it all back up to snuff. a royal pain in the rear.

Who needs a voltmeter when you have a perfectly good way to test for voltage at the tip of your tongue...

ah, no thanks. dad did that to me early on in life. since then i can not do that. voltmeter said it was dead. i have got a new one and have installed it and by some miracle that was the only thing wrong.

Back