Morrowind

I'm not sure what your motive is.

Do I think their system is a joke? Not to them, no. I thought you were asserting that it was?

I was because it is :p
How coud you base your religous rules on a god hating murderur? and nott to mention that they call themselves Roman Cathilcs, werent they the same poeple who Killed our savior?

have u been reading Alexander Hislop, The Two Babylons: The Papal Worship Proved to be the Worship of Nimrod and His Wife
Becase I've read comic books with more truth in it.

for those who haven't read it here's a interesting review of the book, and some of its assumptions.

Cathlicism and Paganism

we're not all Catholics here. There are many Christian denominations. I don't agree with many Catholic teachings

Actually there are many Denominations, each one precieves the bible a little differently. Most of them believe in Jesus being the son of god, I think. Caholics differ in a few ways. They pray to Mary, and to The Saints also. I think there are a few other differences but I'm not sure about other denominations, since I was raised catholic.
I guess Catholics do the rosary, which I don't think other Denominations do.

I think it goes down to the different translations of the bible. I think the Roman Catholics are probobly the closest to the right translaton, and beliefs since I think it was started by St. Peter, one of the appostles.

But I'm probobly biased since almost all the christians I know are catholic. And I don't agree with many catholic/christian teachings( ie. abortion, gays, birth control etc.) But its the denomination I know the best.

Did almost all denominations of christianity come from splits with the Roman Catholic church. I guess all of them except Orthodox christians.

Most calthics are not Christian... YOu are christian or you are not there are no different sections, it is no religeon. Just because you percieve the bible a little differently doesnt mean anything. Catholics, going by all ive ever met which is alot, Live life for fun thinking they will go to heaven because they put money in the box and ggo to church once a year. You cannot be Cristian and allow abortion, homosexuality or any of them things. If you tolerate them you are no Christian.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ByblosHex @ Aug. 16 2004,5:38)]Most calthics are not Christian...
Eh?

All Catholics are Christian, but not all Christians are Catholics.

I think what you're trying to say is that just because you wear a label doesn't mean you live up to the definition. Sorry, but that applies to EVERYONE who calls themselves a Christian, not just Catholics.

Christian is just a blanket term. Many people who go to church twice a year consider themselves good catholics/christians. But as good or nice of people they are that doesn't get thema ticket to heaven. Salvation requires three things.

1) Accept that you are a sinner
2) Believe that Jesus ame down, died for your sins, rose again
3) Confess him as your savior, ask him into your heart and make him Lord of your life.

do they and you are a born again Christian. Catholics have a different perspective on many things and many of their beliefs are not biblical but dogma based.

Exactly my meaning. YOu are christian or you are not. Soo many poeple say they are, Catholics inluded, are they? No. Catholicism is a religeon and God despises religeon. Christianity is the truth.

THerefor not all Catholics are Christian that is completely unreasonable to even consider. My Girlfriend's parents are Catholic and surely are not Christian, they dont even know who John the Baptist is.

First of I don't think god said being gay is a sin. And catholics don't believe in gays, abortion, or birth control.
Thats y I have alot of disagreements with them and many christians.

Are u sure christianity is not a religion.

Just like u say not all catholics are christian, not all christians are christian.

U could probobly look at the different branches of christianity that broke out off The Roman Catholic church, the same as u see the difference between most 'christians' and Jeuvas whittneses. Its the same thing, u might not agree but its the truth. Most of the broke awway from the catholic church started their own denomination and declared it as being the true christianity. Who is really right, no one knows. But everyone always thinks their right.

I love discussing religion because no matter what u say someone is always going to disagree with u. Its alot of fun.:)

ByblosHex

Let's take these one at a time.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The Catholic church is based on doctrine by a man named Nimrod who hated God, Killed men and convinced his followers that he was god, also he is the founder of Babylon.
How coud you base your religous rules on a god hating murderur?

What makes you think that Nimrod made a doctrine? What was it? What makes you think that the Catholicism is based on it? What makes you think that Nimrod hated God? What makes you think that he had followers? What makes you think he convinced them that he was God? What makes you think he founded Babylon? What would be the significance of this if he had?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]and nott to mention that they call themselves Roman Cathilcs, werent they the same poeple who Killed our savior?

Uh. Okay.

a) Why should I believe anything an American has to say? Aren't you the same people who had slaves?
b) Romans did the crucifixion. It was Jews who had him killed.
c) Isn't the death and resurection of Jesus supposed to be a good, important thing? Shouldn't you be thankful to whomever had a hand in his death?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]So knowing this you could understand that the Catholics have no sense at all..

Doesn't follow. Your claims were unsupported, and this wouldn't follow even if the had been supported.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]it is no religeon
YOu are christian or you are not. Soo many poeple say they are, Catholics inluded, are they? No. Catholicism is a religeon and God despises religeon. Christianity is the truth.

Christianity isn't a religion and Catholicism is, and there's no such thing as denominations; there's those who believe and those who don't, and those who believe are Christians. Yet you make distinction between Christianity and Catholicism. What?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Catholicism is a religeon and God despises religeon.

Woah. God despises people believing in him? No wonder Christianity is so unpopular these days; even God hates it when people believe in him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]THerefor not all Catholics are Christian that is completely unreasonable to even consider.

If you're going to talk about Catholicism versus Christianity in this way, then by the same token, not all Christians are Christians. Figure that one out.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]My Girlfriend's parents are Catholic and surely are not Christian, they dont even know who John the Baptist is.

They don't even know who John the Baptist is? Woah. They must not be Christians. They must be representative of all Catholics, too.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You cannot be Cristian and allow abortion, homosexuality or any of them things. If you tolerate them you are no Christian.

I'd love to pick this up, but it's a completely different topic. Not like any of this is on topic to Morrowind, but still...
biggrin.gif

I see this place is sull of the same kind of "christians" as any other place and I will find no lovers of Jesus here. Consider me gone

That's it, run away instead of facing the facts.

Why can't you just admit that you're wrong? How are you ever going to grow?

As much as you might not like to admit it, ALL Catholics are Christian. Somehow I think you despise that notion. So what is the "right" form of Christianity then? Protestant? Baptist? What?

It would be unfortunate for you to leave over this, Byblos; certainly not my intention.

I'm not sure how you were able to nut out my religious status from what I posted. I didn't really make any assertions; just requesting for clarification, explanation, and took a few of your points to what I saw as their logical conclusion.

If it's any consolation to you, I'm far from representative of most people here.
smile.gif

there is no right form of Christianity. Salvation is not what church you attend but your personal relationship with God. I'd say that any church that has the Bible as it's final authority over doctrine of man is a good one. Salvation is through Christ alone. not by good works lest any man should boast.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CCGR @ Aug. 19 2004,10:03)]there is no right form of Christianity. Salvation is not what church you attend but your personal relationship with God.  I'd say that any church that has the Bible as it's final authority over doctrine of man is a good one.  Salvation is through Christ alone.  not by good works lest any man should boast.
That doesn't make sense, no RIGHT form of Christianity? There HAS to be a right form, otherwise, what is the point of having a Bible?

I think that everyone can agree that there have been many WRONG forms of Christianity though. Can you say CRUSADES?

Maybe its not christianity, its what man justijies using christianity. There are so many different types of christianity, because everytime someone disagrees with something they start their own church. From jeuvas wittnesses to the vegan church.
And it all depends on the translation of the bible, u could change one word( and to or, the to it., etc) in the translation and it could change the whole sentence around.

I wouldn't quit opsting on this site because someone agrees with u. People have disagreed with alot of my posts, it just makes me research the subject, and try to learn more.

One of my thought that I've had for a long time is y not stop going to church. We really don't need to go to a church to pray, we could do it in our room, and as long as we live a good and truthfull life we'll be fine.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mechboy @ Aug. 19 2004,11:17)]Maybe its not christianity, its what man justijies using christianity. There are so many different types of christianity, because everytime someone disagrees with something they start their own church. From jeuvas wittnesses to the vegan church.
And it all depends on the translation of the bible, u could change one word( and to or, the to it., etc) in the translation and it could change the whole sentence around.

I wouldn't quit opsting on this site because someone agrees with u. People have disagreed with alot of my posts, it just makes me research the subject, and try to learn more.

One of my thought that I've had for a long time is y not stop going to church. We really don't need to go to a church to pray, we could do it in our room, and as long as we live a good and truthfull life we'll be fine.
How can you justify the branching off of Christianity?

As you said, they broke off because of a disagreement. Basically saying, Hey, I don't like that rule, so I'll change it!

It's a catch 22, because if you hole up on your room and follow your own view of Christianity, don't you think that you could be wrong on a number of points?

Back