most embarrassing GW moment

soozun

Thought I'd share this because I actually thought it was pretty funny. I was doing a pre-searing quest with a fellow guildie who I had never played with before. I was using my favorite character so far, an ele. After meeting up and departing from Ascalon, I go to attack an enemy and my ele runs right up and starts hacking away at the beastie with a cheap sword, therefore sustaining tons of damage rapidly. (I had forgotten that the last time I played that character, I had gotten bored and tried out being a warrior as a second profession. So I had that cheap starter sword equipped.) For some reason, this really embarrassed me!

I'm seriously starting to think that this game is too hard for me anyhow. I have very limited time that I can play it and the learning curve is pretty steep in some ways at least.

This is not really embarrassing in the sense of other people seeing it, but just embarrassing to myself.

I was playing on my Assassin's character and wanted to start EoTN, so I went to KC and talked to the dude. He got me back to the Prophecies map and I started playing the storyline. What is embarrassing is that I was playing the Prophecies campaign and not realizing it...I was protecting confessor dorian and realized that I've done it before. If anything I felt stupid. I figured out that I talked to the wrong guy in KC hah...yah. Hah. Lame story, but it made me chuckle.

trusts me... that isn't that bad... there is (trust me...) the possibility of worse things.

I wouldn't give up on GW... it is a tough game when compared to other MMO's (usually the idea of an MMO is the more time you grind in the more powerful your character is... while... in GW if you lack stragtegy... no matter what kind of items or anything you have... you fail...)

So... it is ok... we all were n00bs once... it just takes a little time... but trust me... cherish these times... they are the most memorable GW times... the ones wehre you have no idea what your doing.

theres been quite a few times when i realized i had the wrong equipment for my bar on my ele. like id just done some geo farming and went back to my fire build for a quest or something. and i still had my geo eye and geo staff instead of my fire ones xD I'm like, why am i do so little damage?

No, what's REALLY embarrassing is when you have an Ele/Me and try to go from a Fire ele to an air ele build. Aaaannnd you accidentally put all the fire attribute points... into Illusion.

And then not realize you've made the mistake until you're out on a difficult mission in EotN with a PUG.

THAT'S EMBARRASSING.

I agree - don't give up. I can't tell you how many times my level 20 monk - completed Prophesies - has run into a farming session only to discover all bags are full or went out as a smiter and only had healing skills - or had to play at -60 death penalty in order to get through a quest.

Noobie or not - we all do it - all the time.

Besides - I'm the one you were with (I think) and my monk went out as a smiter and almost no healing. How noobie is that?

I've only been playing for a month so my sole emberassing moment was going into an outpost and spamming "LFG for mission and bonus"....The only response was "this is an outpost man, are you ok?"

I've only been playing for a month so my sole emberassing moment was going into an outpost and spamming "LFG for mission and bonus"....The only response was "this is an outpost man, are you ok?"

i've done that... yet i figured it out within a minute or so... i've gotta say... THAT is funny....

I sense a story that needs to be shared.

i think i was with Atown and we were trying to figure out how to do a SS / 55 dual run in UW when that build first originally came out.
It took us probably... 10 minutes just to discuss skills and set them all up... FINALLY when we were ready... Atown paid... and we went to UW... well... i was so concentrated on what spells to bring... i forgot to set my attribute points... and i had incorrect attribute points... it cost him 1k... man... i felt bad... that was embarrassing....

NOW the most frustrating thing is when you go Dual run in UW and y ou pay your partner... then your partner decides to run off with teh money... and you don't get to go to UW... that ticks me off... ROYALLY...

I once asked people in the Guild repeatedly if they would help me get some armour.... but without the r... as in amour....I then proceeded to tease people for there crappy American spelling i.e. Z instead of S and no u in colour.....

lol... that is good... i think it is HILARIOUS when people make fun of others for something they did... that is always humorous.

I'm so glad I asked this question because the responses have been so funny. I see that a lot of odd mistakes happen because people are just like me: GOOFY! haha

yeah..well i bet noone here thought FOW stood for "Fountain of Wealth"...thats what i get for analyzing abbreviations instead of asking someone.

I don't have an embarrasing moment that I can remember? =)
I have more of a DOH' moment. Awhile back I had a guildee sell me a Rune of Sup Vigor when they were worth 35k. Well, he had identified it but hadn't slavaged it from the armor...
I used a "regular" slavage kit instead of an expert/superior slavage kit and "poof!" I ended up getting some cloth!!!
I was not a happy camper! =O

I agree - don't give up. I can't tell you how many times my level 20 monk - completed Prophesies - has run into a farming session only to discover all bags are full or went out as a smiter and only had healing skills - or had to play at -60 death penalty in order to get through a quest.

Noobie or not - we all do it - all the time.

I won't totally give up but I'm taking a little break as I deal with some stuff in real life. Yeah, you were with me when this happened, but I knew you weren't thinking, "what's up with this person?" because you're too nice for that! ;) The biggest problem with my getting to a point of knowing what is going on in this game is that I can only play at most an hour or 2 a day. And I can't even play every day. The reason is that I'm a SAHM of a 1.5 year old. It's surely the hardest job in the world!

Back