MW3?

Luvdiscgolf

So, has anyone run out and picked up Modern Warfare 3 yet? I'm currently doing the debate of whether or not to ring up some more $$ on the credit card. I don't buy many video games but I like Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops so much it is really hard to hold off. Let me know what you guys think of the game.

Luvdiscgolf (a.k.a Fidoc in game)

I grabbed it. I had a blast with MW2 so I figured what the hay. So far it is satisfying the itch. Played about 8% of the campaign and thought it was non stop intense. Played some multiplayer to level 8 and remembered how bad I am at this game.

I am not a big FPS guy but got it since so much fanfare was involved ... actually got the hardened edition because I was curious about the whole Elite thing and what that'd add to the experience. Anyhow, the game is impressive ... agree with everything Ewoks wrote but I suck at the campaign as well as the multiplayer.

Elite is a train wreck. Still am not sure whether my email is validated and still can't fully log into the site. Somewhere in Santa Monica, Activision heads are rolling...

Elite is a train wreck. Still am not sure whether my email is validated and still can't fully log into the site. Somewhere in Santa Monica, Activision heads are rolling...

I know, right. How these major gaming companies do not come to expect the crowds amazes me. DCUO went free to play, saw 1000% growth over night and subsequently their servers were down for 48 hrs and login queue nightmares ensued. (I was 3459 in line last time I logged) "We did not expect such a turnout" is getting old.

I mean, if you're relatively small & cash-strapped, I get it.

But if you're Activision ... sitting on no-foolin' $3.5B of cash ... and you very clearly have line-of-sight into pre-order volume ... there's no way you don't see what's coming AND totally overbuild infrastructure.

But the game is certainly fun. My KDR is 0.1 ... about the same as WoW PvP, w00t.

Going to pick up MW3 tomorrow. I was one of the lucky ones who got in on the Elite Beta, so I am already registered. I actually liked the Elite aspect of CoD. They had different objectives for you to do by yourself (Lone Wolf), or with your clan. You would have a start/end date and time for you to achieve the set goal you had signed up for. Also tracked your stats for playing the game. Of course, these were stats from Black Ops because it was only the beta.

Last edited:
awww man i have ps3.. was looking for christian gamers for mw3. tired of all the cursing and outright God bashing... its like trade talk in wow.. lol..

awww man i have ps3.. was looking for christian gamers for mw3. tired of all the cursing and outright God bashing... its like trade talk in wow.. lol..

We do have a PS3 group here...but not many of them are too keen on MW3... I told all my friends to get 360s, and they had PS3s...and now they have all sold their PS3s... Just sayin' ;)

YES! I got MW3 for Christmas! I've only been on a bit here and there since Christmas but have managed to hit level 33 and also just got my M16A4 up to weapon level 29 to unlock Thermal. Woo-hooo! Hopefully I will be able to game with some of you in the near future.

Luvdiscgolf (a.k.a. Fidoc on xbox live)

Back