my comp is actin funny

Atown

Christian Gamers Alliance Amazon Store Manager
Staff member
ok recently i took out the extra floppy drive i had in it and replaced the side cover and didt use it for bout a day. and today i started it up and when it got into the login screen it shut itself down... i wasnt payin much attention to it cuz i was testing my network then all of a sudden it turns on (note i had only pressed the power button 1 time to first start it) then while it was loading it turned itself off, then it repeated that cycle agian. finally i unpluged it but thats way wierd. im way confused >_< plz help

yeah my comp does that I can't turn it off it just restarts its self over and over again. It happened after I played with the CMOS setup. I updated it and played with the settings. Maybe u should check that.

check the cables, maybe reseat them incase one got loose when taking out the floppy. chekc the temps, make sure the cpu fan is spinning. Also check the voltages in the bios.

i havent touched my cmos settings and how do i check my cpu heat cuz im thiunkin that might be the proplem and im now checkin my cables thanks.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Atown @ June 25 2004,4:38)]ihow do i check my cpu heat cuz im thiunkin that might be the proplem
Go into your BIOS it should be in there. When the computer starts up press the delete key and that should take you there.

i checked all my cords and wires and havent tryd checkin the heat quite yet, last time i go it loaded up i thought i would leave it in cmos since that takes the least amount of energy and still shutdown after bout 5 min so i'll try n check my heat temp now with bios.

at this point i cant even get it to start now.... havent had a chance to check the heat either.

check the BIOS I had the same prob. It would freeze when it was checking hardware in the start. It would never go to windows.

Does it getting any power at all or does it just not start windows?
If you get no lights at all check your power supply maybe you bumped it when making changes or it went out? If you get lights but no picture check your ram this happend to mine 2 months ago had a bad stick of ram it would start but no picture put in same kind of ram new stick it works... RMA time.
If it does start hit delete at start up go into Bios usualy under hardware Config is temps Also check your voltages.

ok ive had some time to work on it and i took the front off and was playin with the power switch which i found was the power proplem but this created 2 more, 1 the power switch peice will now have to hangoutside for the remainder of the computers life and 2, now my 2 hard drives and cd rom wont be read during startup so it gets stuck in the first place. i left the compter on for a few hours in cmos and the heat seemed to be stable at 100F

ok it now sees my hard drives (put the primary and 2ndary in the wrong spots >_<) now it wont see my cd rom as a 2ndary master or slave and i cant get past the "verifying dmi pool data" screen ...

nvm it all im redoing win98 and that should fix everything -_- srry for buggin ya'll

Back