My Computer Monitor Broke :-(

Coamenel

Last night I was in silithus doing some quests when all of a sudden, my monitor went all fuzzy and blurry. I restarted my computer to see if that would help, but it didn't. I then proceeded to take out my video card, noticed there was nothing wrong with it, and I put it back in. I turned the computer back on, and to my amazement it was fine. I started WoW back up and wouldn't you know it, my monitor did it again. I am pretty sure its my monitor since it is 5 years old. Since this is my only computer capable of WoW play, I wont be able to be on until I get a new monitor. :mad: :( Hopefully I will be able to get a new one soon. If anybody has any suggestions on monitors, under $300 feel free to let me know. See yall in the near future!

I don't have any ideas, but I can suggest a monitor for you.

A few years ago my monitor went kapoot too, and I went to Walmart and bought a flat-screen for just $80. It's a KDS (I've never even heard of that brand before), and it's extremely colorful and sharp. Best monitor I've ever seen, really.

Theres no saving monitors any more, you can get a decentone for the price above.

Now you video card is another challenge unto its self

Coamenel said:
Well it seems as if my monitor only messes up when I play WoW... Any ideas on why this might be...

You might try synching your resolution and color depth you use in windows (since you know your monitor works there) with your settings for WoW. So if you use 1024x768 at 16 million colors in windows make sure you are doing the same in WoW.

Well the first thing you can try doing is try a different game that you might feel is graphics intense, one that takes the whole screen, (freecell wont work) does it get blurry in there, if so your video card still might be the one going out, I had one that it looked fine in regular windows and I didn't know anything was wrong with it, one day I went into a game and things went bad, I end tasked that went back into windows again and my video was fine again, so try a different game that makes your monitor change resolutions or tests 3D. If you can't do this, take your monitor over to a different computer and try the same test, if it gets bad on the second computer then its more likey the monitor, if its fine, get a different video card. Another thing to look at, see if your video card drivers are up to date, or if you happened to update them not to long ago, see about rolling back to the one you were using before

Good luck on getting this problem solved

Back