My mage

notashamed

Tribe of Judah Accounts Manager
I decided to play a mage 'cause I thought it looked cool, and for a while I had fun being able to shot at a distance and not worry about close combat damage. I'm at lvl 14 now, and I feel like the character is dragging. I'm not having a any fun with it. I feel like it's a chore to play her. Should I stick with it in the anticipation that it will probably get better after I get over whatever hump i'm on, or should I scrap it, or should I just leave her alone for a while and come back to her. Also if you have any suggestions on making my mage more interesting, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!!!!

Mana is a pain =\.
Collect lots of +int gear because at early levels, you'll run out of mana wayy before you run out of health. Also, when you're ~18 (alliance mage right?) you can try to aoe the lvl 15 gnolls in redridge (not the ranged ones). Aoeing is a great change from the repetitve single target grinding however, it's harder and riskier.

If you're just single target grinding, you'll feel a "hump" on the lvls before you get your next fireball rank.

It will get better...all classes can have the blahs in the early levels. Especially if you are watching 60's and all the stuff they can do compared to all the stuff you can't do.

I have a low level warlock (22 now) and to get over some of the blahs, I spent time trying to figure out new offensive and defensive strategies. So instead of always doing A then B then C, I tried E then A then G for a battle plan to see how that work.

I see the early levels as an opportunity to experiment with your toon, push the limits, see what works and what doesn't. Because in the latter levels, you will be expected to know all this anyway. And its not the right time to experiment when facing down 20 skellies bearing down on your team.

MAges are pretty boring until the late 20s and early thirties. Keep at it and make sure you spec right! Its well worth it in the end.

My first World of Warcraft character was a Paladin. I quickly grew bored with the lack of ranged ability and moved on to playing as a Hunter. I later rolled a Druid to have a character I could play alongside Elihu (who also rolled a Druid, Ionathan, who is now 11 levels higher than my Druid). I came back to my Hunter, got caught up in the fun of acquiring new pets, and stuck with Ulfbrikt until level 48. Now I'm back to playing my Tauren Shaman on Cenarius after growing frustrated with the long queue times on 40-49 Stonemaul PvP.

I say all that to say: If you're bored with your current character, roll a new one. You'll learn to appreciate what you had with that character and be able to explore new starting areas and character abilities.

How attached are you to ranged abilities? If you want to step up to your opponent, then roll a Warrior or Rogue. If you want the choice between melee and ranged, roll a Hunter.

Do you want to heal but don't like wearing cloth armor? Roll a Druid (with ranged abilities) or Paladin (without ranged abilities).

Do you want to experiment with playing with a pet but don't want to wait until level 10 as a Hunter? Roll a Warlock.

Tired of seeing the world through the eyes of the Alliance? Roll a Horde character on Cenarius. :D

In short, roll a new character, preferably of a different race (to start in a different starting area), and level that character to 10. By the time those ten levels are over, you'll know whether you want to get back to your Mage, continue your "vacation," or just keep on truckin' with your new character.

As you can tell from my sig I have tried it all. By far my mage is my favorite. The most fun I have had in WoW (pre-MC of course) was leveling my mage with another mage at the same level. It was great to be able to run in with him and both of us AOE grinding away! It was such a thrill for the two of us to take down mobs that were 4 levels higher and elite!

Now that I am at 60 and getting into my set items I am totally feeling my toon again. Now it isn't me and one friend taking down mobs...it's me a 40 friends burning through instances. :)

please let me know if you need any suggestions about your mage!

ive got a lvl 20 horde mage however i've played both my brothers lvl 60 Gnome mages and i gotta say tht for fast dps not crits u want arcane something but if u want crits and a good spec i'd go with fire/frost thts how im speccin my mage

I know I ran into the boredom leveling my mage, and thats when a co worker was telling me that I was stupid for not relying more heavily on the wand. If you don't already have a wand pick one up and try to use it as frequently as possible. Between the wand and first aid I have managed to almost completely eliminate drinking during normal grinding

Back