My next step in life.

Dikaiosune

Dear friends,

The past couple of weeks have been a time of perspective for me and have driven me in a new direction in my life. While at times it can be scary as I step out into the unknown not knowing what God has for me; today I believe God has been incredibly faithful and has revealed to me the next step that I am to take in my life journey. Let me explain.

About a month ago BIOLA held their annual Torrey Bible Conference where I met a woman by the name of Judith. I met Judith by what can only be understood now as God's providence, for out of thousands of seats it was the one next to me that she choose. As we sat we got to talking and found that we had a lot in common, and Judith invited to make an appointment with her sometime so we could sit down and chat as friends.

Last week I finally got around to making that appointment and today without expecting anything extraordinary I met with her in her office. As the meeting began Judith was very interested in my personal life so I shared with her my current situation which included a miserable home life, lots of stress at school and an overall feeling of BLEH! What Judith was most concerned about was what I shared regarding my home life, and so she asked if I had ever considered moving out, and I told her I could never afford to.

During these past few weeks one thought has been recurring to me, and only last night had I offered it up in prayer. It was this, “God when I look at myself I can see that who I am and what I am capable of would best be fulfilled in the military. What do you think?”

I believe that what God thought would soon be communicated to me with what Judith would suggest next, “Kurtis have you ever considered military service?” At that moment tears began to swell in my eyes and after sharing with her what I had prayed for only the night before we shared a moment of awe and she rushed over and embraced me as I professed that this must be God’s will for me.

Friends, I am most excited to share this with you and I hope that if this is indeed God’s will that I will make you all proud serving you and our country by enlisting in the armed forces. Right now I have sent an E-mail to the Marine officer enlister and hope to hear back from his soon with more information. Please pray that God’s will would be revealed in all of this. I will do my best to keep you all posted on what my future brings.

Dika

P.S. HOO RAW!

Last edited:
Dika! Good for you! Sounds like this will be great for you! Keep us updated and we will keep you in our prayers!

Dear friends,

The past couple of weeks have been a time of perspective for me and have driven me in a new direction in my life. While at times it can be scary as I step out into the unknown not knowing what God has for me; today I believe God has been incredibly faithful and has revealed to me the next step that I am to take in my life journey. Let me explain.

About a month ago BIOLA held their annual Torrey Bible Conference where I met a woman by the name of Judith. I met Judith by what can only be understood now as God's providence, for out of thousands of seats it was the one next to me that she choose. As we sat we got to talking and found that we had a lot in common, and Judith invited to make an appointment with her sometime so we could sit down and chat as friends.

Last week I finally got around to making that appointment and today without expecting anything extraordinary I met with her in her office. As the meeting began Judith was very interested in my personal life so I shared with her my current situation which included a miserable home life, lots of stress at school and an overall feeling of BLEH! What Judith was most concerned about was what I shared regarding my home life, and so she asked if I had ever considered moving out, and I told her I could never afford to.

During these past few weeks one thought has been recurring to me, and only last night had I offered it up in prayer. It was this, “God when I look at myself I can see that who I am and what I am capable of would best be fulfilled in the military. What do you think?”

I believe that what God thought would soon be communicated to me with what Judith would suggest next, “Kurtis have you ever considered military service?” At that moment tears began to swell in my eyes and after sharing with her what I had prayed for only the night before we shared a moment of awe and she rushed over and embraced me as I professed that this must be God’s will for me.

Friends, I am most excited to share this with you and I hope that if this is indeed God’s will that I will make you all proud serving you and our country by enlisting in the armed forces. Right now I have sent an E-mail to the Marine officer enlister and hope to hear back from his soon with more information. Please pray that God’s will would be revealed in all of this. I will do my best to keep you all posted on what my future brings.

Dika

P.S. HOO RAW!

Frank, if you truly feel God calling you to serve your country, go for it! I will be praying that He will make known to you the next step!

That's awesome! I've had friends in the armed forces and Marines. They tell me you'd be surprised how open soldiers can be to the gospel. It is a great mission field.

I have a friend that is a chaplen recruiter for the Army... if you want I can have him contact you.

I have a friend that is a chaplen recruiter for the Army... if you want I can have him contact you.

Mordos that would be great! I have had trouble getting accepted by the recruiters because of my past lifestyle. This is very disappointing, but perhaps your friend can help me.

Like I said above guys I have a history of drug use which has caused me to hit a wall in the screening process. I am in desperate need of a way around this, but I have none. Before I get discouraged and give up I would ask that you pray for God to open a way in for me. Thanks again for all your support.

Dika

Mordos that would be great! I have had trouble getting accepted by the recruiters because of my past lifestyle. This is very disappointing, but perhaps your friend can help me.

Like I said above guys I have a history of drug use which has caused me to hit a wall in the screening process. I am in desperate need of a way around this, but I have none. Before I get discouraged and give up I would ask that you pray for God to open a way in for me. Thanks again for all your support.

Dika

If God is opening the door He will make it happen. Praying for hope and that you don't get discouraged.

Sounds awesome and I will be praying for you.

Unfortunately that is what knocked me out of joining SFPD. I nailed the physical, written, oral tests but history of use (even tho it was 8 years earlier) made it auto disqualification. :(

You can PM any questions you may have. I served six years active duty Air Force and six more years between three separate Army Reserve and Guard Units. I will be praying for you as I often counsel teenagers who are willing to listen about the dangers of the military lifestyle. I often tell Christian teenagers they must be soundly rooted in their faith before stepping through that door because if you think the world tests you now the military will bring it to an entirely different level.

Sounds awesome and I will be praying for you.

Unfortunately that is what knocked me out of joining SFPD. I nailed the physical, written, oral tests but history of use (even tho it was 8 years earlier) made it auto disqualification. :(

Wow. Well as it stands I am not able to join the Marines... As far as God's will... Maybe it's best not to jump to conclusions like that....

Hey I can salvage this post! Theological discussion, Go Go!

But seriously, if there is any new update. I'll be sure to post. God bless you all for paying and hoping for me. Even if this turns out to be nothing be assured that your prayers were no less wonderful.

Hey Dika: if u joined the armed forces will u drop out of Bible School? Or will u finish your studies first?

Wow. Well as it stands I am not able to join the Marines... As far as God's will... Maybe it's best not to jump to conclusions like that....

Hey I can salvage this post! Theological discussion, Go Go!

But seriously, if there is any new update. I'll be sure to post. God bless you all for paying and hoping for me. Even if this turns out to be nothing be assured that your prayers were no less wonderful.

Hey Dika: if u joined the armed forces will u drop out of Bible School? Or will u finish your studies first?

Thanks exoticious, but I think for now the best thing to do is to wait it out. The discipline of the marines is what initially attracted me, and if I do not get in then I doubt I'll try anywhere else.

If I joined the marines as an officer I could finish my schooling and then enlist as an officer. Sadly BIOLA does not even have an ROTC program which makes everything so much simpler. I'd probably have to go through a tedious process to join the marines as an officer since I would not have done the summer training that those in ROTC get streamlined for them.

Back