my offical hatered of shatt

ash562000

i officaly now hate shattrath to no end .

in other news , seeing i am not getting some respect as a healer at this point , i plan to go back to what ive always wanted to be which is a prot pally. champs little mind game of telling me i couldnt never do it is over and i will get somewhere in redeemed as a prot pally ( mind you keeping ahold of my holy set for backup use).

thats all i have to say at this current moment and gl in ZA even though I should be there.

i dont understand what you mean about not getting respect as a healer but if that is the case do you think you will get more respect as a tank? it will be hard to tank za or 25 mans without all the kara gear and raids arent a good place to learn to tank so i dont see how you will get more respect as a tank. That being said good luck in whatever you do, tanking is fun:)

i-haz-prot-specced-now-i-can-haz-maintank-4-yuz.jpg

I'm not sure about how hard it is to gear up a prot pally from scratch, but from my experience prot pallies seem to be the prefered tanks in normal and some heroic instances. Only downside to prot pallying is being able to pull mobs with(or without) avengers shield bouncing off to another group, or breaking cc.

Since I don't have the time to raid on my warrior, I don't have a lot of kara epics, but I've managed to tank my way through 150ish_ heroic badges already. And now with the added badge rewards you can get gear on par with t5.

Anyways back to the main topic Shattrath is a cool place, shoulda been a scryer! Fall from scryer tier = alive, fall from aldor rise = dead.

The thing with pally tanks is they are extremely gear dependent, much moreso than warriors. Spell damage is how they maintain and gain threat, and only a few armor slots can be devoted to spell dmg, while everything else has to be devoted to dmg mitigation. So to be a respectable and decent tank, pallies have to work extra extra hard to get the gear they need.

Badge loot is very leet now, heroics are also pretty tough before you get geared up as a pally tank. As Quantam said we are much more gear dependant, we dont have the +75% block button:) But it is a fun class to master, and once you get going the 5 mans and heroics(and kara and ZA:p) are much more fun with a pally tank and the ability to hold aggro on as many mobs as you can survive/healed through:) Heroic shattered halls was even a breeze with 2 healers and AOE tanking everything

i already have a set pre made for tanking which i started a while back, its just missing some piece which is why i havent respeced yet so i can go to heroics for some pieces.

besides , if it fails me , i have my healing set to fall back upon which is a big plus.

im not trying to be mean brug but u know that u have to prove yourself as a tank from the bottom up right? that even if u have the gear u have to prove that u can tank to the officers and raid leaders b4 u probally even raid

Tanking isn't that hard as people make it out to be, you just have to keep switching targets a lot, spam skills, switch spam skills. With concecrate most of tab switching is eliminated for pallies. Though if you havent tanked stuff in 70 reg instances I'd suggest doing those before moving to heroics, since you need to be able to not only get threat but mitigate dmg unless you out gear it.

Last edited:
well after doing raids and instances its not hard to tank. but to tank well it takes alot of work. u have to know what to do and when to do it. and when u have l33t dps u have to be able to create alot of threat fast and keep it. its a science that i think once u get it down it will be like anything else and u can almost sleep through it but u gotta get it down
i dont know im not a tank so srry if im wrong

Tanking isn't that hard as people make it out to be, you just have to keep switching targets a lot, spam skills, switch spam skills. With concecrate must of tab switching is eliminated for pallies. Though if you havent tanked stuff in 70 reg instances I'd suggest doing those before moving to heroics, since you need to be able to not only get threat but mitigate dmg unless you out gear it.

What? Taning isn't hard? you get new meds? Don't undermine my job, it is appearant you don't know what you are talking about.

What? Taning isn't hard? you get new meds? Don't undermine my job, it is appearant you don't know what you are talking about.

Taning? no taning isnt that hard, u kinda lay out under the sun and turn a different color.

job undermined! pyah!

im not undermining your job at all mordos, in fact i think your one of teh best tanks ive ever seen.

and galatians , looks like your starting teh champoflight reasoning issue with me and i will put you on ignore if you dont stop just like i did to champ.

Back