My Son

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kidan

Jan. 21, at 7:30am cst my son will be in surgery getting tubes placed in his ear.

please keep him, and my familiy in prayer during this time

God bless.

As a father of two boys myself, I can understand how you muct feel. You, your family and (most especially) your son are in my prayers right now.

Rich.

tubes in his ear?? eh ok you got my prayer

I had tubes in my ears when I was about 2 or 3....it wasnt the greatest experience i ever had but I still remember it to this day (which now that I think about it is kind of strange for someone so young);
but I will most deffinitely have your family and your son in my prayers.

eh mind tellin me what the tubes are for?? is it for deaf or somethin??

afaik it's for drainage of fluids..... I know a lot of parents that have had to have tubes inserted for their small kids...

I'll definitely pray, for your son and your family's comfort. Your not alone Kidan
biggrin.gif

I use to have constant Ear Aches and thats why I was given tubes... They happend all of a sudden and never stopped for about a month...

ooooooooooooooh ok. thanks for the info. and yes kidan u aint alone at all

After some more consideration, we've felt lead to push the date of my son's surgery back two weeks, for more time to pray over this.

Thank you all for your prayers, and please keep them coming
God bless.

Ohhh, sorry to hear this.  I know you had mentioned this as a possibility awhile ago.  As you may recall, we had to make a decision last year to put temporary tubes in our daughther's tear ducts.  I know the tough decision it is to do something like this.

I will definitely be praying for wisdom and peace.

its been nearly 2 weeks. any thing new to report about?

I had tubes when I was really young. Before them I could never pronounce anything right. Like instead of lights I would say ights and stuff like that. As soon as I got them though I started to pronounce words correctly right away. I will be praying for your son and your peace of mind.

ok folks. After repeated prayers (and yet another ear infection) we're going ahead with the tubes. We had hoped it was just a reaction to milk (when young, my wife would get ear infections with the consumption of milk products) and had cut that out of his diet completely (which was hard, since he loves cheese
biggrin.gif
). Yet he still got another ear infection, even without consuming any milk products. The date for the procedure will be Feb. 4 at 6am CST.

It's supposed to be a real simple procedure (outpatient) but they are having to put him to sleep. He gets to come home the same day, and from what I heard, should be up and around like his old self by that evening.

I would like to thank you all for your prayers, and for your continuing prayers.

God bless.

the surgery itself is @ 7am. we just have to be there at 6 to do the check in and talk to the anathesist

and they do that early for the young children on purpose. since he is put to sleep, he can't eat or drink for 8-12 hours before hand. overnight makes that a doable experience since otherwise he wouldn't understand why we weren't feeding him.

I see, makes sense...I myself would wanna have mine in morning also, it would make it easier on the anthesist I can tell ya that. Id be out like a rock.

my son had his surgery today.

he's doing quite well, and is back to his playful happy self. a bonus to this procedure, is that his balance is nearly twice that as previously.

Thanks for all ya'lls prayers, and please, keep them coming as he heals.

God bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back