My thoughts on the next 4 years to come

Waynos

Well looks like we are stuck with a president who could care less about
the values GOD set forth.

but on the upside of things 2 things we know for sure;
1. no matter who is president JESUS is still king
2. the vote loss was by more than one vote so Floyd can rest easy <----- (please note this was a joke not meant in any form of offense)

Last edited:
I was disappointed too but you are right. Jesus is still king.

I do hate to see our country go down this road though. Sad really.

I agree and i was saddened as well.
but then i thought all throughout history GOD has raised kingdoms and brought them down.

What is the biggest problem people have with Obama? I speak as one somewhat removed from much of the situation and ask with sincerity. It can't be economy based because the president's decisions, on the whole, have a small impact on that.

What is the biggest problem people have with Obama? I speak as one somewhat removed from much of the situation and ask with sincerity. It can't be economy based because the president's decisions, on the whole, have a small impact on that.

For me personally it is him supporting abortion and same sex marriage.
as a believer in the Bible those are not things i can support with a clear conscience
and i pray that those immoral values he is pushing to be called acceptable don't turn our country into a modern day Sodom and Gomorrah
any more than it already is

It can't be economy based because the president's decisions, on the whole, have a small impact on that.

Aside from the fact that he has done nothing but assault Christian values, 2nd amendment rights, destroy our relationship with Israel, done nothing to stop terrorist attacks (Benghazi), lied countless times to the American people, and put us 6 TRILLION dollars in debt... umm I don't know, what could possibly be an issue?

Good place to cut and paste a thread from CGA general:

Finally the attack ads, rhetoric, and other hijinks are over. Now as Christians we have to accept what God as either willed or allowed to happen in this election time, and concentrate on living our life for Christ, not spending time kvetching and whining, or doing victory dances over the defeated. Take the issues that bug you most education, economy, whatever and do your part to correct the problems in your own little corner. Most importantly whether you like the man or woman who got elected at whatever level, local, state, national, pray for God's wisdom and guidance for them.
1 Timothy 2:1-2
Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
Instructions on Prayer

2 First of all, then, I urge that petitions, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for everyone, 2 for kings and all those who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity.

While I agree with the spirit of the post Ursen, what concerns me most is that many Christians voted for people that support blatantly anti-Christian views. I'm less concerned about the people voted in than I am about the people who call themselves by the name of Christ but vote for people that support things that are blatant sins. As Christians we need to really step back and examine why we support the things we support, are they people and ideas grounded in the Word of God or are they just ideas and people that support my personal ideology. We are to be Christ led and I think we are seeing less and less of that among self professed 'Christians'.

Thank you for the enlightening comments. Due to my physical location and limited access to news and events, I rely on varied voting guides to gain a more clear understanding of what candidates stand for. To find out current events and news, I have to manually search them out rather than watch the evening news so it makes finding information far more tedious and honestly, not enjoyable.

Things like abortion and so forth, I knew ... also the stuff with Israel. However, what does the Benghazi incident have anything to do with prevention of terrorism? As far as I thought, the embassy attack was simply a part of the government being overthrown? Was there an action by Obama that led to the ambassador's death?

What about the right to bear arms? As far as I knew it wasn't about removing the right to bear arms completely, but something different. More like restrictions on assault weapons or something. I'd like to know more about that if anyone knows.

With Benghazi, the reason for blame is because the staff at the embassy requested more guards/security at that location, while the Obama administration, whether it was Obama himself or Biden or SecDef, actually reduced the security there.

One of the main things that bothers me, in addition to everything previously stated in this thread, and especially because I'm a Catholic, is that Obama has violated the first amendment freedom of religion by creating a mandate for Christian clinics and insurance organizations to provide birth control to anyone. Most of these organizations being mandated to do so are Catholic. How can one not see that forcing an organization to do something that contradicts their religious beliefs is against their freedom of religion? There is what some call a 'secret war' going on now, because thousands of churches and organizations across the U.S. are suing the administration, and most people have not heard a single thing about it in the media.

Alas, though its hard to accept, this election was no mistake. Obama was re-elected for a reason. It is all a part of God's plan. He works in mysterious ways, that humans may never fully understand, but we can always have faith in Him.

"It is better to trust in the LORD, than to put confidence in man." (Psalms 118:8)

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11)

Was there an action by Obama that led to the ambassador's death?

More like an in-action and cover up. You've got 230 security incidents in Libya, 48 of which happened in Benghazi from June 2011 to July 2012, and it's the anniversary of 9/11, think something would happen? Additional security was requested multiple times (I believe it was weeks prior) to the incident. Then when the incident occurred the White House had live feed coverage of the area and personnel in the area that could have responded. Yet someone choose to deny calls for help for 9 hours. Then for weeks after the incident Obama and his staff sited the incident as a spontaneous reaction to a video rather than an organized terrorist act. That's even though two hours after the incident the White House had e-mails saying Ansar al-Sharia claimed responsibility for the attack on Twitter and Facebook.

IMO Obama wanted Libya to look or believed it secure so he could appear to be "winning" the war on terror. To such end he wasn't going to provide additional security prior, respond with military during or answer questions of what happened after. "If" it was a honest mistake ok, all presidents make them, but the refusal to answer questions about what went on in Benghazi much less in the White House itself is absurd. It was a critical time in the election and to admit any failure would risk votes. To top that off the media at large refused to press him for answers.

The bottom line, which should be unavoidable but apparently is, is why aren't you telling us what happened weeks later. Not just in Benghazi but you can't even tell what the White House was doing.

Last edited:
This was the first election I didn't vote for president.

I couldn't, in good conscience, vote for Romney. His swings on abortion make him seem like an political opportunist who will say anything if it will help him in a given election. It feels like the fiscal conservatives who have hold of the Republican party have been throwing a bone to social conservatives or Christian's for a while now. Romney wasn't strong on abortion or gay marriage, but somehow his running mate was supposed to make it okay for us to just step in line and vote R.

It felt like, to me, that this election came down to "Which would you rather have for president? A fool, or a liar?"

For me it was more like, a person who we already know is bad at fixing the economy, or a person who has run successful business for most of his life? A person who has shown that he has no regard for Christian values, or a person who does? IMO, though Romney wasn't the best candidate we could have had, he sure would have been better than having Barack again.

But again, its over, nothing to do now but put our faith in the Lord.

I'm just waiting to see if Obama can deal with Iran. No seven year peace treaty hopefully XD XD XD .

Last edited:
It's a good thing we are just strangers in a strange land. Citizens of the higher, the true Kingdom.

Princes come and go, as do the nations of the earth. There is only one chosen nation, the Church of the Lamb of God.

Back