Mythology

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
Since I enjoy mythologies of various cultures (Greek and Norse being my favorite), I thought I'd post and see who's familiar with what mythologies and maybe get some discussion going on myths in general.

Fairly familiar with Greek, Roman, Norse, and Egyptian, vaguely familiar with Phoenician, general Middle Eastern, Chinese, and Japanese. Wouldn't consider myself an expert on any.

However, I do take on the belief that many myths started with a shred of truth. For example, that Hercules (half man, half god) might have been one of the nephilim (half man, half fallen angel) mentioned in Genesis. So, mythology is an area of interest for me.

I don't know very much at all about mythology, but I find it interesting and I'd love to participate in discussions.

I love mythology, but my mythosgnosis has been tainted by millions of videogames... So if I confuse the mystery of the Golem with Shining Force II, it's not my fault...

BTW bonus points if anyone can tell me which culture the Golem story comes from.

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff;189780 said:
Fairly familiar with Greek, Roman, Norse, and Egyptian, vaguely familiar with Phoenician, general Middle Eastern, Chinese, and Japanese. Wouldn't consider myself an expert on any.

However, I do take on the belief that many myths started with a shred of truth. For example, that Hercules (half man, half god) might have been one of the nephilim (half man, half fallen angel) mentioned in Genesis. So, mythology is an area of interest for me.

I concur.

The example that I think of is ancient pagan gods as possibily demons wanting worship.

Back