Near death

FriendofJc

Someone asked me to share this testimony. I might have posted this before so if i have and you are re-readng a double post i am sorry.

My name is Tommy Baker and here is the testimony of how i almost died and the lord saved me(again; spiritually the first time.. physically this time).

I am an 18 wheeler driver for UPS. i work and live in San antonio and every night i drive to Mcallen texas, which is the very south Texas.
Like Every night, i was driving to Mcallen, and i had been driving about 4 hours. I arrived in mcallen and i was about 2 blocks from the main UPS hub in mcallen. I was at a red light waiting for my arrow to turn left.

In my peripheral I could see something coming up Way too fast. When i turned to look.. BANG.. a driver of a pickup truck Tboned me!.. He was going about 40-50 miles an hour.

I was rocked pretty hard.. and Immediately the tractor (Ups vehicle) went up in flames. our fuel tank sits right below us drivers. I could see HUGe flames outside of my window..
Man.. i was freaking out.. i proceeded in a panic to try to exit the passenger side... My Seatbelt was stuck...
At this time the flames started to come into the cab(thru floorboard door i think) I really was TERRIFIED beyond imagination at this point. You know how in the movies they say your life passes before your eyes.. Well it really happened.. i saw my childrens faces before me.. and i KNEW this WAS IT! My life is over!
I started to weep and i layed my head back and proceeded to pray! I remember i just kept praying over and over.. "please Lord dont let me die like this" when i finished praying.. i couldnt believe it..
SNAP! my seatbelt came off. Sheer joy flooded me.. i lept to the passenger side as fast as i could.. crawling and scratching .. i reached the passenger side on my belly, pushed open the door. and tumbled out onto the street..

I got up.. and started to run away from the vehicle.. I took 2 , maybe 3 steps and then BOOM! (im not kidding just like something out of diehard) the Cab exploded. i turned around(in tears) and saw the cab was a HUGE ball of fire! Man.. praise God. i finished getting away from tractor and collapsed in a parking lot. i was on my face Praising God and crying when the ambulance arrived..
I had one scratch on my elbow.. thats it! no smoke inhilation.. no burns.. nothing! praise God. I know the lord saved me that night.. and it still brings chills everytime i tell this story.. sometimes i get emotional.

Here is the best part! a week after my accident i was walking thru Barnes and Noble with my daughter!. I was walking past a group of people standing around in a circle having a conversation.. and i heard " I dont think God does miracles anymore. i think thats just the old testament".. i couldnt believe i was hearing that. it was almost like God had placed me there that day..
Needless to say.. i turned to the group.. and said.. im sorry i didnt mean to eavesdrop.. but i want to tell you a TRUE story that happened one week ago TODAY!. and i told my story to the group. a couple of guys were moved and touched and SAW the mercy and LOVE that God has for us.. it was amazing

Anyway that is my testimony.. Hope God uses it to bless someone! God bless you all!

I remember reading this before - but I always enjoy hearing it again! Truly an amazing story, and I'm glad you've posted it again to share with everyone who may not have heard it.

Out of curiosity, how did the driver of the p/u truck fair?

Your story reminds me a bit of an inspirational joke, designed for people to look at real life examples today of God's love, mercy, and miracle action. Most of you have probably heard this one before..

It rains and rains for several hours, and before you know it, a flash flood had come on. The water was rising rapidly and people were fleeing left and right, but not Joe, he just sat on his porch.

"Joe," said his neighbor, "come on Joe, before the flood kills you".

Joe was a man of immense faith, and simply replied "No sir, God will protect me", and with that Joe prayed for help from God.

Within an hour, the water had risen to Joe's porch, it was about 7-10 feet deep down at the street, so deep, that a man came paddling down in a raft, see's Joe and says "Sir, come get on this boat, surely you will die if you stay here much longer"

Again Joe refuses, "I love God with all my heart, he won't forsake me, he will not let me perish", and he continued to pray..

The water continues to rise, Joe is forced onto his roof. At this point the local fire department has deployed a rescue boat. The super cool inflatable kind like what the Navy Seals use. They come motoring by, looking for people to save, they even brought spare life vests, doughnuts and coffee. They see Joe and speed on over.

"Sir, Fire Department, come let us help you, we have doughnuts and coffee, come on!"

Joe stood his ground, "Jesus is my Lord and savior, I love him and I believe in him, he will NOT let me die here." Frustrated, the fire department moved on, they had others to save. As he had been doing, Joe kept praying.

Joe is finally forced to the very peak of his house, the coast guard dispatched helicopters to the area. A coast guard rescue diver is lowered down to Joe from the helicopter and attempts to lift Joe into the helicopter to rescue him.

You guessed it, Joe, in all his stubbornness, refused. Within 15 minutes, Joe is swept away and dies. He makes it easily past St Peter, Joe has lived a very good life. Joe marches straight over to Jesus and says;

"Jesus, I have loved you with all my heart, given my life to you, and you let me die as I prayed out to you!"

Jesus looks to him and says "Joe, I sent your neighbor over, then a stranger with a rowboat, then a fire department crew with a super cool SEAL boat, doughnuts, and coffee, and finally a coast guard helicopter, what else could I have possibly done?!"

The other driver fled the scene immediately. He was caught moments later.

a few months ago i received a letter from the city that proscuted him and they informed me that he had been sentenced( i forgot how long) and he would be going to prison. He was drunk, of course!.. and i was trying to see if i could get in contact with him.. through letter, to tell him im not Angry, or that im not holding a grudge.. But that God loves him.. and for whatever reason he kept NOT only me alive... but also him.

Back