Need a price check on some Shadow items I picked up at FOW

AmericanJudkins

My first high-level farming experience brought me these two lovely items:

rare items.jpg

I want to sell them in-game, but I don't really know how much I'm dealing with here. I feel like I'm on Antiques Roadshow and I need a little expertise.

Can someone let me know how much these are worth?

From what I've heard, they are worth more unidentified than identified due to the fact that when you identify them, whatever mods you get are unlocked for PVP.

Good stuff.

If you equip them, sometimes you can peek at the effects - if there is an extra energy or health mod, it will affect you even if it isn't identified. Of course, all the armor changes and other affects won't show up, but it might give you a clue.

As for the value for unidentified, I know this was a trend earlier in the game (first several months), but haven't seen a lot of ads in-game for un-ID'd stuff. Most of the un-ID'd ads, even then, were for runes. You can use an expert salvage kit on a weapon or armor before identifying it. Armor will give you a rune identifying what profession it is for, but not the attribute. Weapons may give you an upgrade, but no definition of what type. Whatever information on the item you can get before identifying it would only help the value because it lessens the gamble your buyer will be taking.

One thing you might want to try as well is looking for similar items on www.guildwarsguru.com/auction. It is set up like eBay for in-game person-to-person trades.

Back