Need new tag for UT2004

amusedtoe

Yes that's right amusedto. [toj.cc] is just too long for this game, so I don't get an e on my name. Eh, maybe I'll just go switch to Echelon again since that's what I am at UP anyhow.

re: Echelon and UP....Come again?

re: tag....it's not that's too long, for me it's the IRC problems. I figured out how to get around it (thanks CS!) but it's kind of niggly. Still though, I thinks it's a good tag, and we should keep it. Or maybe the clan as a whole should up with two tags, one short, one long?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (amusedtoe @ Mar. 20 2004,5:58)][toj.cc] is just too long for this game, so I don't get an e on my name.
Let's try using the tag as a suffix and see if that helps fix things. For example:

Tek7[toj.cc]

We did it for the Starcraft chapter and it got us around the Battle.net naming conventions. And I am surprised that a modern game such as UT2004 only allows 16 characters in a player's name.

If we have to change the tag for UT2004, we will, but I really do like having a tag common to all ToJ chapters.

Try changing your name via the UT2004 console, toe, and see if that works. If not we'll start discussing a possible new tag specific to UT2004.

Or maybe try forcing it via your *.ini file.

re: Echelon....ah, I get it, never mind...

Hey everybody. In the UT chat room you must remove the . in the [toj.cc] and it will connect. ON IRC it's whats between the brackets is what it kicks out. As far as using [toj.cc]ColdSteel as my name ,It doesn't let me enter it in ut either Toe. it comes out ColdSte , but when i use HLSW as my game starting program The name i put in it changes the name I use in UT. In HLSW i put in [toj.cc]ColdSteel and it appears in UT and in the game.
rock.gif
?go figure.

Has anyone tried using the tag as a suffix yet? I've been meaning to get on and play, but with Ember in town this week and the return of the Job Search™, I'm a tad distracted. Heh.

Last edited:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ColdSteel @ Mar. 23 2004,12:45)]In the UT chat room you must remove the . in the [toj.cc] and it will connect.
For IRC, let's go ahead and drop the tag and just join #toj on irc.us.gamesurge.net. I believe there's a way to change your IRC nick before logging on to an IRC server, though I don't remember exactly what it is.

As far as getting in and playing with [toj.cc]ColdSteel , i can play but it doesn't let me get in the chat room. if I remove the . then I can do both. I placed the tag on the end with the . and it wouldn't join a channel within UT. Now in mIRC i can join a server and when I join the toj channel the name will load up to the . [toj is what shows. All i have to do is take out the . and any combination of the tojcc will work.

re: player name length limit....since CS has been able to force his full name to be in there, me thinks that limitation on the length of a name is related to IRC. Isn't there a nick length limit there? If not, the fact still remains that you can force your name to be as long as it needs to be. Try editing your *.ini file, Amused.

On another note, the IRC thing, set your name up however you like ("."'s and all) but before you connect to IRC, hit the "change nick" button and edit your name as you see fit. Sometimes the nick button isn't highlighted until you connect, so connect, change the nick, disconnect, then reconnect with your new nick and you should be fine. Changing your nick does not change your player name, so you'll still be seen in game [toj.cc]whatever. (at least that's the way I experienced it)

Eh, whatever I've been playing as [toj.cc]Echelon just simpler this way. Besides then the people on the UP ONS server recognize me. And UP is Unreal Playground if you didn't figure that out yet.

[toj.cc]GunSlinger or SpeedSlinger I dont know yet
and if I get an ip for the server i would be playing it insted of talking to my g/f all the time. grrr lol
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gunslinger @ Mar. 24 2004,2:52)][toj.cc]GunSlinger or SpeedSlinger I dont know yet
and if I get an ip for the server i would be playing it insted of talking to my g/f all the time. grrr lol
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Well, that's one way to lose the gf and have a lot more time to play the game.
tounge.gif

Gunslinger, if you're looking for ip's, check the UT Chapter site Activity Page. I try to keep this up to date with server listings for where ToJers are gathering. Right now we have 4 Onslaught servers and 1 Assault server listed for UT2K4, which seem to be the most popular game modes.

BTW, have you guys heard/seen the "Vehicle CTF" maps? I haven't played 'em yet, but great idea...

Hey Toe try changing your screen size in ut. Mine was on 800X600 and ColdSte was all that showed when I pressed F1 while playing and when I changed it to 1024X768 it showed all of my name.

My g/f wont let me play eney games. b/c she loves me too mutch so I cant hurt her feelings at all so I just go with it and talk to her. thanks Shagz i will need your info about stuff l8er, but now im at school typing this, but till 9:15 is when school starts in the mornning 4:15 is when school ends. so talk to u all l8er I need to do a project that is due tommorow 4th peread  
sad.gif

Back