New Chapter website

sbarnesi

Not sure if this belongs here, please move if it doesn't.

I found a site today that provides free guild web-site hosting. If/when we create a new chapter for whatever the next MMO is, perhaps we can use it. The site looks like a "Facebook for gamers" if you will. (Gamer social networking)

http://www.gamerdna.com/

Not sure if this belongs here, please move if it doesn't.

I found a site today that provides free guild web-site hosting. If/when we create a new chapter for whatever the next MMO is, perhaps we can use it. The site looks like a "Facebook for gamers" if you will. (Gamer social networking)

http://www.gamerdna.com/
I still strongly prefer to keep all Tribe of Judah chapter web sites on our main site, but I think gamerDNA could work as a supplement for new MMO guilds. Then again, given that most of our out-of-game activity takes place on the forums, splitting activity across two interactive sites might do more harm than good.

Either way, it's an interesting concept. Thanks for posting the link. :)

EDIT: After browsing the site for a few minutes, it seems gamerDNA is geared more toward console gamers and individuals than guilds for MMOs. Still an interesting site, though!

Last edited:
I think I suggested it more as a way of advertising to those fellow believers who may not be aware of us, by using a tool they may already be familiar with. I didn't mean let's move everything that direction, but more as a recruiting tool, if you will.

I agree that keeping most of the ToJ chapter sites together helps build fellowship amongst the chapters. It also gives us greater control over them.

EDIT: After browsing the site for a few minutes, it seems gamerDNA is geared more toward console gamers...

Perhaps this thread should be moved to the consoles chapters? Just a thought..or afterthought.

I think I suggested it more as a way of advertising to those fellow believers who may not be aware of us, by using a tool they may already be familiar with. I didn't mean let's move everything that direction, but more as a recruiting tool, if you will.
Ah. My mistake then. Sorry 'bout that.

Perhaps this thread should be moved to the consoles chapters? Just a thought..or afterthought.
Since the thread relates to multiple chapters, it's best suited to this forum. Almost all of our members who are active on console chapter forums check General Discussion as well, so this thread will still get attention from our console gamers.

Back