New City of Heroes Chapter?

It is a nasty update when you download everything for the first time. It isn't nearly as bad for regular patches, though some major "issues" (free large game-altering updates, not issues as in problems) can take a while.

I was also getting ~800 kb/sec when I downloaded the client again for access to the test server (stickied on all the CoH forums if you don't know how). Maybe you should check your internet connection? Perhaps you merely have a slower/weaker CPU. I use Roadrunner for my internet and have no slowness problems whatsoever, though my local network often has a few hiccups.

The Christian SG I met up with on the Champion server was a bust. They are horrendously inactive. Of all the time since I joined till now, the only person I have seen online was their leader, and I only saw him once! Other than that, their player base either rarely ever plays (I saw several with 30+ day offline periods) or has a totally different schedule than me. Maybe they are in an odd time zone?

Well I mean I'm downloading the trial right now. It's at 907mb and it's only going 2.6K/sec. I have cable internet and Steam always downloads at 300~380K/sec. :/

I would double-check your firewall. If it tries to block or examine the updater it will slow things WAY down, or even stop them completely. I usually disable my firewall during an update, and that seems to help the download speed. Though, that may just be the horribad nature of... NORTON *shudders*.

Oh, and thank you for the channel Stc. That should make communication in-game that much easier. :)

Well, I really hope you can get your problems worked out. I would check the firewall and security settings for your computer. Those have caused me problems in the past.

Hey, sorry to drag up old topics, but is any work still being done on this? I just re-subbed for CoH/V and would love to play with some ToJ people. My Global handle in game is Annath, and I'm on Champion mostly.

Hey, sorry to drag up old topics, but is any work still being done on this? I just re-subbed for CoH/V and would love to play with some ToJ people. My Global handle in game is Annath, and I'm on Champion mostly.
The chapter is inactive for lack of a Chapter Leader.

If someone signs up for the Chapter Leader post, we can re-activate the chapter.

Back