New keyboard causing ventrilo issues

Brothertruck

Hi folks . sorry that I did make it on back last night as I was having issues getting ventrilo to run.

Turns out that my new gaming keyboard " SteelSeries Shift" is causing ventrilo to crash.
So I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions . I don't wanna have to take this product because I probably won't get a refund since I'm already using and I already paid about 70 bucks for it.

I have tried looking for a hotfix or updated drivers but so far nadda.

not sure it will help but make sure you are running Vent as administrator, and any keyboard software as well.

I've tried that as well . I've also opened a support ticket with the company and they are looking into it as we speak . They say it might take a few days . I'm not worried worst case scenario I may have to take it back for in-game store credit.

In the meanwhile I still have my old keyboard which I can use for wow and vent . I'm just hopeing they find a fix because I like the gaming keyboard.

Well I have an update regarding the issues of my new gaming keyboard.
Unfortunately there seems to be a problem with my operating system.

I have been using windows xp 32 bit for a long time now and apparently the drivers and software of my keyboard is incompatible they say because of 8 bit drivers or something .

So they said if I upgraded to at least win xp 64 bit or windows vista or win 7 then these issues would cease. As for the keyboard itself I can use it perfectly in game as I had no issues . But as for ventrillo that's where the main issues lie.

So they have offered to exchange my model for another , but there's a good chance I wouldidn't be able to use any of their gaming keyboards unless I upgrade to vista/win 7.

I am considering building a new gaming computer perhaps in a year or two and will then buy a new OS but until then I'll have to make do .

My only question to you guys is . Would it be okay if I used the ingame voice chat for wow if it works with the keyboard.

The only downside is if it does work this would mean I wouldidn't be able to use ventrilo for raids unless I switched keyboards and while I don't mind doing that every now and then but doing that constantly would probably get irritating if this was happening almost regularily

Back