New Pregnancy - Praise & Prayer

Ember

Mrs. Tek7
Just wanted to bring you all up to speed with Tek and me. I learned last week that I am finally pregnant again. Many of you may know, my last pregnancy ended in a miscarriage. We never expected it would take us over a year and a half, pushing 2 years, before I could get pregnant again. So we are so, so thankful for this new life. In some ways, I feel a peace I haven't had since our loss. However, it is very difficult to push back the fear in knowing just how frail this life may be. It is very early days, but I share this news to plead with you for prayers for a healthy, full-term baby we can take home with us. Just taking it a day at a time right now. Thanks for your prayers. :)

Praying. We went through a miscarriage when trying for our second, so I can empathize with how you feel. God is good though and about a year later we were blessed with twins and now have four children (yikes! where did the time go?). I pray for God's peace and blessings for a beautiful healthy baby!

Prayed for you and Tek. Know what it's like to take so long when trying. Took my wife and I around 2 years to have our first and even then had to go through infertility treatments to get our daughter. We didn't even get pregnant until our second round of IVF.

Thank you all for praying and continuing to pray. As Ember mentioned, we are both excited and terrified following the miscarriage in 2012 and the more than year and a half after.

Praying. We went through a miscarriage when trying for our second, so I can empathize with how you feel. God is good though and about a year later we were blessed with twins and now have four children (yikes! where did the time go?). I pray for God's peace and blessings for a beautiful healthy baby!

Prayed for you and Tek. Know what it's like to take so long when trying. Took my wife and I around 2 years to have our first and even then had to go through infertility treatments to get our daughter. We didn't even get pregnant until our second round of IVF.
I've discovered that whenever I open up and share about my own sufferings, I encounter other Christians who suffered through the same or similar circumstances. It doesn't diminish the suffering, but it comforts me to know that I stand in the company of fellow believers who are working their way, day by day, through a world corrupted by sin but looking always toward a new creation free of sin and its influence.

Thank you all for your prayers and your empathy. I'll confess my moments of peace are few and far between, but I'm confident that the fact there is any peace at all in light of what my wife and I suffered is undeniable proof, if only to me, that God has not abandoned me.

Praying and congratulations! Sorry to hear about the miscarriage, we have been through one as well. There is always a reason behind everything good and bad, we just don't see the whole picture to understand why.

Congratulations to you and Tek7!!! I'll be praying for you. That is just awesome news. I hadn't been here in a while (logged in) and I'd say the Good Lord wanted to make my heart happy this morning!!

Me and genesis went through a miscarriage before our precious chloe was born now pushing 6 years ago...:) We tried for nearly 5 years before that for the first one we lost. Congrats Tek and ember.

Thanks everyone for the prayer. Just an update, we were blessed to see a very tiny heartbeat today. <3

Thanks everyone! A bit of an update (will try to be succinct) and a more specific prayer request. On Saturday we had a bit of a scare and we went to the ER. Turns out the baby is currently healthy with a beautiful heartbeat (saw it closer and calculated 171 bpm) and is growing right on track. However they identified a "small" subchorionic hemorrhage. Apparently they're fairly common as far as ultrasound abnormalities go, and odds are it'll resolve on its own and not cause us problems. But if it doesn't, it can cause miscarriage, pre-term birth, placental abruption...scary stuff. Please pray that this will go away and it won't disrupt my normal daily activities too much. Thank you!

Thanks, heard back from Dr office. Turns out mine really is/was small, 5x12mm. My Dr/nurse aren't worried at all. They fully expect it to resolve on its own with very few lifestyle changes. Still hate to run into any hiccups at all, but I guess if there had to be something, this is maybe an okay thing to get. Would still appreciate prayers that it'll be totally gone soon!

Back