New rig!

Well I was gonna upgrade my old computer but I decided to do away with that and build one from scratch. This thing is INSANELY fast compared to my old computer. Runs SC2 on ultra with extreme ease... I LOVE IT!!! So excited to finally play the game on something more than low. Just thought I'd share. So excited!

Specs:
- Intel Core i5-2400 3.1GHz (3.4GHz Turbo Boost)
- ASRock H61M/U3S3 Motherboard
- 4 GB - Mushkin Enhanced Essentials
- Radeon HD 6850
- 500 GB Hard Drive
- Antec EarthWatts 380W Power Supply
- COOLER MASTER Elite 330 Mid Tower Computer Case
- Windows 7

I also wanted to see how much the computer could handle so I played Nexus War and 45 minutes into the game I was still getting 45 FPS on ultra! So awesome!

Hopefully no more losing to Terran because of extreme lag.

Nice man! I like it!! I especially like the i5, I'm still using the pentium dual core, but I'm thinking about upgrading soon. Nice graphics card, too!

Is the power supply enough though? Wow, if it is I'm really impressed. You got the Windows 7 64 bit, right? :)

I thought it wouldn't be enough but I took the recommendations from a few people on Teamliquid.net. They said the card only pulls 300W and the power supply would be perfect unless I was gonna overclock. And yes I have Windows 7 64 bit. So far it's a lot more fun playing SC2. My win rate has improved when the games last more than 20 minutes lol.

I thought it wouldn't be enough but I took the recommendations from a few people on Teamliquid.net. They said the card only pulls 300W and the power supply would be perfect unless I was gonna overclock. And yes I have Windows 7 64 bit. So far it's a lot more fun playing SC2. My win rate has improved when the games last more than 20 minutes lol.

hahahaha nice! We should meet up sometime and play a few games. I'm watching the MLG now though while it's live

Is it loud? The last system I built from scratch was annoyingly loud (due to cooling fans). That is why I purchased my current system from Dell 5 years ago. My dell is so quiet I don't hardly notice it's there.

Getting the right cooling fans is essential to a custom built. Finding ones that are silent it obviously key. You can find much quieter ones then anything Dell has if you look up the reviews.

Getting the right cooling fans is essential to a custom built. Finding ones that are silent it obviously key. You can find much quieter ones then anything Dell has if you look up the reviews.

Good to know. I will keep that in mind when I decide to upgrade.

It's pretty quiet! A lot quieter than what I had before. The graphics card gets kind of loud though when I'm gaming. But it's nearly silent when my computer is idling.

Back