new talents concerning mages

augustious

I don't know when i will be able to start playing wow again, i keep praying to the lord that att or charter communications will hurry up and extend thier highspeed internet to where i live at here in the very slow and backward state of arkansas.Well anyway i have been looking at the new talent trees and right now mortimor my lvl 70 mage is frost and i was wondering that when i do start playing wow again if i should change mortimor over to arcane? since it looks like the lich king is in a very cold place and so i am wondering if frost mages would be even effective in the new expansion?.I would appreciate any thoughts on this and to all of the new members of redeemed i hope and pray that i will be able to meet u all very soon either as mortimor or augustious my 70 hunter which i already know that he will be going to beastmaster talents.

The frost talents are awesome Aug, especially in PvP, I've yet to try them in an instance but if the Lich King is all about Ice, I'd assume it would be like a fire mage in MC used to be.

nice to hear from you Augustious:) I keep praying the same thing, it seems I am less than a mile from DSL but that mile happens to go through a ski resort and solid rock heh. satellite keeps looking better and better but I worry the latency would make games unbearable anyway but at least I could browse the internet from home at a decent rate. Dial up makes me a sad panda:(

talents

Yeah where you would not like satellite, i had that and my latency would stay around 1,500 on the average, and im only about 1mile away from dsl in one direction and about 2miles away from cable highspeed, so im like in a dead zone, and my dial up is so slow that i can't hardly stand to even get on my computer any more, so i come to the library where it is so nice to use a computer with highspeed.

oh thanks alhana for the reply, i think we are on the same page concerning our frost mages, so are you going to keep gnimish a frost mage? when lich king comes out?

there's still a lot of discussion but as far as raiding goes i wouldn't be surprised to see an arcane fire be at the top because of utility. you get focus magic and imp scorch which benefit players other than yourself so that's quite nice.

then again, you can always go frostfire bolt spec

there's still a lot of discussion but as far as raiding goes i wouldn't be surprised to see an arcane fire be at the top because of utility. you get focus magic and imp scorch which benefit players other than yourself so that's quite nice.

then again, you can always go frostfire bolt spec

didn't they try and make arcane the king of PvE at the beginning of TBC too? I wonder why they keep pushing that to the top.

it's not "at the top" right now...but it's much better for mobile fights than it used to be and really gains an advantage there, e.g. with arcane barrage

the one i'm running now is only 11 into arcane to get focus magic which increases the target's crit chance...then yours once they crit

So...as mage class leader...I must say.....I'm trying arcane/frost out again to see how it goes.....the fact that Galatians pet out damaged me in kara does have me concerned :-(

i assume not the traditional 40/0/21ish build...one thing i really don't like about this patch is that in a lot of cases it really encourages people to go deep in a particular tree instead of hybridizing to come up with a good overall spec, e.g. 40/0/21 being good, particularly if you had 2t5 and 2t6

I will probably stay frost after Wotlk for awhile at least, I currently have 3 in fire and the rest in frost.

i imagine everyone's going to have to dip into frost a bit depending on the gear that comes out. elemental precision pretty much got ganked and dumped into a higher tier which precludes builds such as 10/48/3 and will more or less guarantee people going down to that level until their gear can support them otherwise.

From the last BT raid i was in i went deep ice, and with the new allocation of raids buffs throughout the whole raid, i was putting out a 2k ~2.2k dps on every boss except illidari council where i was in tanking gear

but there were only 2 fire mages in the group besides myself and they put out an equivelent and even lower dps at times than me, but have yet to run or talk with Viss our only arcane mage in the guild

well it's a big bump from where frost was but knocking on 2k DPS wasn't difficult to get as 40/0/21 pre-patch and not being in a stacked group

and also keep in mind, those fire mages were buffing *your* damage ;)

Back