New World!

blsimpson

Hello all! I have had some time this weekend, so I have begun working on getting a new world up. I have created a backup of the current world, since there were some pretty cool builds there. I will edit this post when its finished uploading to my web server. This will be the last backup taken of this world, so if you build anything after tonight, don't expect it to be in the backup.

As for the new world, I have decided to use Spigot as our server, which can add to the game play later on if we want, and not have to change much. I have already configured a couple plugins, that do not add anything to game play, if you don't want to use them (Permissions plugin, the Residence plugin to protect your land if you want to, Essentials, which adds a ton of commands, but mainly /home and /spawn.) I have also configured Dynmap, which is the Web Map. I will post the link to that when its up.

For the die hard players, we will not be blocking fire spread, lava spread, creeper explosions, etc.. If you wish to have these blocked in your builds, you will need to either find ways to protect your lands, or use the Residence plugin, in which you can disable all that for just your Residence. I'm hoping this will satisfy some objections we had about blocking it in previous worlds.

I hope this is suitable for everyone. If you have any thoughts, or concerns, please don't hesitate to speak your mind!

Hello all! I have had some time this weekend, so I have begun working on getting a new world up. I have created a backup of the current world, since there were some pretty cool builds there. I will edit this post when its finished uploading to my web server. This will be the last backup taken of this world, so if you build anything after tonight, don't expect it to be in the backup.

As for the new world, I have decided to use Spigot as our server, which can add to the game play later on if we want, and not have to change much. I have already configured a couple plugins, that do not add anything to game play, if you don't want to use them (Permissions plugin, the Residence plugin to protect your land if you want to, Essentials, which adds a ton of commands, but mainly /home and /spawn.) I have also configured Dynmap, which is the Web Map. I will post the link to that when its up.

For the die hard players, we will not be blocking fire spread, lava spread, creeper explosions, etc.. If you wish to have these blocked in your builds, you will need to either find ways to protect your lands, or use the Residence plugin, in which you can disable all that for just your Residence. I'm hoping this will satisfy some objections we had about blocking it in previous worlds.

I hope this is suitable for everyone. If you have any thoughts, or concerns, please don't hesitate to speak your mind!

How do we make things not private? I have started building at 500 , 71, 133 and I want to make it so anyone can use the bed, table and furances.

How do we make things not private? I have started building at 500 , 71, 133 and I want to make it so anyone can use the bed, table and furances.

I have updated the LWC plugin to not auto-register anything. If you want to make it private, you will need to secure it using /cprivate.

I have updated the LWC plugin to not auto-register anything. If you want to make it private, you will need to secure it using /cprivate.

I have an issue with the server. I have slept in my bed several times and it still wont set my spawn. Every time I die i always start at the spawn and not my bed.

I have an issue with the server. I have slept in my bed several times and it still wont set my spawn. Every time I die i always start at the spawn and not my bed.

Should be fixed now. If it still happens, you can use the /sethome command, and you should respawn at that location.

If I'm not busy tonight.... Mine on!!!!!

Can we get an Iron farm? pwease!!!!!

Last edited:
I know some ppl may appose, but creepers are ticking me off. Can they be turned off?

I got this covered for you. I got the Residence plugin working (at least I hope its working...) To use it:

Use the WorldEdit wand ( //wand; wooden axe) to select the two points you want protected. (keep in mind now you wont be able to use wooden axes except to select worldedit points. If this becomes too much of an issue, I can change the tool thats used. Maybe a diamond hoe or something that no one ever makes \ uses..)
Use the Residence commands to create your residence, and set them either no mob spawn, no creeper explosions, ect..
/res select worldedit
/res select sky (increase selection to top of sky)
/res select bedrock (Increase selection to bedrock)
/res create <name> (create residence named <name>)

From there, go through the /res flags ? pages, and set the flags for your residence. There are too many to list, so go read ;)

Let me know how it goes, and if you run into any issues. I should be on most of the day tomorrow (at least from 6:00AM to 2:00is PM Pacific time.)

I am trying to select and set the residence on the tower but it says the slection size is out of my limits. We need to get some protection on the tower, a creeper spawned and walked in side and chased me. I got him out and killed him but I dont want the tower blown up. i would cry.

Have I mentioned how much I hate creepers...

I tried creating a residence around my first outpost (if a creeper blows up the causeway getting in I will be deeply upset) and it tells me I don't have enough money to create it.

Have I mentioned how much I hate creepers...

I tried creating a residence around my first outpost (if a creeper blows up the causeway getting in I will be deeply upset) and it tells me I don't have enough money to create it.

Yeah creepers make me cry.

I move that we remove creeper explosive destruction. i am ll for them killing us but this ability to just destroy what we work on is downer. Plus 1 person wanted it and he has not even been on the server yet.

I'm coming but deputation has me pretty busy for the next two months...

Why can't you build fences around the stuff you want to protect and use torches to keep them from spawning?

My available time to play is very small right now. We are getting ready to start a month long trip to Kansas, Georgia, Missouri and Arkansas. We will have some internet access but in most places it will be hotel internet.

I would love to be a part of the server. I miss playing with y'all. But I also understand I seem to be the only one who truly enjoys the challenge of playing with full damage creepers. Since I"m not going to be able to get on much if at all, please feel free to set the server up however the majority wants.

I truly enjoy the challenge full damage creepers give and use them for terraforming to such an extent that I won't play where that option is taken away. The first thing I do anywhere is fence off my area and light it up so I don't have to worry about unwanted creepers and other mobs. However, I understand not everyone plays the way I do (which includes resetting worlds if I die) and to ask the server to be set up for my enjoyment when I can't be there seems selfish.

Here is the problem I have creeper damage. Creeper's wander. Unlike other mobs. Skeleies and Zombos stay ussually around their spawn if a target does not show up.

Not true with creepers and sunlight does not damage them. So once they spawn, they are spawned. Right now we have an add-on that prevents creeprs from destroying our stuff once we create the residence with the residence add-on but as many have said we cant do it. so we have absolutly no protection against creepers.

I am all for creeper damage if we ahve a way to 100% protect against creeprs. I am not ok with spending hours on a project to only have it get messed up by 1 creepers. That is not fun.

so we have absolutly no protection against creepers.

I am all for creeper damage if we ahve a way to 100% protect against creeprs. I am not ok with spending hours on a project to only have it get messed up by 1 creepers. That is not fun.

As I said, I put fences up around everything before I build it and make sure it's well lit so creepers can't spawn inside the fenced area. 100% creeper protection (unless you have someone griefing) if you take the time to do it.

But most people don't want to take the time to put up fences or don't feel they blend in with what they are building. And since I don't have the time right now to get on and build fences for everyone, I'm offering to let people set up the server with creeper protection.

Last edited:
well the server should be set up how the majority wants and not catered to 1 person. Catering to 1 person set ups for self entitlement.

If BL can get the residence mod working it wont matter. We just need to get BL going on fixing the issue.

Catering to 1 person set ups for self entitlement.

It wasn't done to cater. It was done to include instead of exclude.

And as American culture and society currently indicates, catering to the majority often just encourages lazy behavior that fails to take into account the greatest long term good. Teaching people how to protect their property instead of expecting a mod or setting to do it for them is much better long term. With mods or server settings, creepers don't do environmental damage but they can still kill you. With fences and proper lighting, you don't have to worry about creeper damage or being killed by creepers.

Either way it's a moot point. As much as I want, I don't have time to play so do what ya want.

Last edited:
its minecraft....., lets not get into a debate about American Culture, mmk?

I built a 10hi wall around "my" area. That is not practical in most situations. I don't like creepers doing environmental damage when they sneak up on you, but it is a survival server. Having been playing for many years, I get great satisfaction out of building massive structures with only using materials that I farmed(even using an iron farm if its built from scratch)

A.D.D. alert!!!! squrille

It wasn't done to cater. It was done to include instead of exclude.

And as American culture and society currently indicates, catering to the majority often just encourages lazy behavior that fails to take into account the greatest long term good. Teaching people how to protect their property instead of expecting a mod or setting to do it for them is much better long term. With mods or server settings, creepers don't do environmental damage but they can still kill you. With fences and proper lighting, you don't have to worry about creeper damage or being killed by creepers.

Either way it's a moot point. As much as I want, I don't have time to play so do what ya want.

I am not a lazy player... I just done want my hard work gone in moment. And I should have to put up all these safe guards when the majority wants it gone.

Back