Chilaha

Hi,
First off, I'm sorry if this is being posted in the wrong part of the forum. I just wasn't sure where exactly to post.
Anyways, I'm a xbox and a bit of a pc/mac gamer. Here are the list of games I am into.

Xbox 360:
Halo 3
Madden 11
Any xbox live demo

Mac/PC:
Open Arena
Nexuiz
Marathon
Assault Cube
Urban Terror
Americas Army 2.5
Halo CE Demo
Quake Live

Just a few off the top of my head...

My Gamertag is: JayNice Kid.

Mac/PC:
Open Arena
Nexuiz
Marathon
Assault Cube
Urban Terror
Americas Army 2.5
Halo CE Demo
Quake Live
If you play Open Arena and Nexuiz, you'd likely also enjoy Xonotic (which is a fork of Nexuiz). If you decide to fire up Xonotic, let me know and I'll join you for a game.

Same goes for Quake Live. (You can add me on QL; I have a link to my profile in my signature.)

I see you already posted in our Xbox Live Forum, which is what I was going to recommend for finding other XBL gamers.

And welcome to the forums!

If you play Open Arena and Nexuiz, you'd likely also enjoy Xonotic (which is a fork of Nexuiz). If you decide to fire up Xonotic, let me know and I'll join you for a game.

Same goes for Quake Live. (You can add me on QL; I have a link to my profile in my signature.)

I see you already posted in our Xbox Live Forum, which is what I was going to recommend for finding other XBL gamers.

And welcome to the forums!
Thanks, glad to be here.
I saw Team Fortress was big on the mac and PC section, but sadly my macbook could not run it.

I saw Team Fortress was big on the mac and PC section, but sadly my macbook could not run it.
:(

Have you tried it for yourself or are you going by the listed system requirements? Source engine games tend to scale on lower end machines pretty well.

A truly under-appreciated game series. I cut my FPS teeth on Marathon (well, Wolf3d. . .but that doesn't really count since I just used the cheat code through the entire game). It was also my first LAN gaming experience (with my brother). And it was the first bit of mapping I ever did which transitioned me into my hobby: 3D graphics (shhhh, ignore the fact that Marathon was a 2.5D game).

That being said, I haven't played Marathon since I installed Aleph One a couple years back just to see if it would run. It did and I got rocked in the first level. No cross-hair, save points at specific locations, no jump. . .crazy times.

Loved the story though. . .Durandal was my hero.

:(

Have you tried it for yourself or are you going by the listed system requirements? Source engine games tend to scale on lower end machines pretty well.

Yea, it said that it didn't support that graphics card or processor. One or the other. It met every other requirement though. I would get a new graphics card but you can't replace graphics card on macbooks.

Do any TOJ members play it on live?

Do any TOJ members play it on live?
Doubtful. I had forgotten that a Xbox 360 version of TF2 even exists as the PC version is the most popular version by far.

Yea, it said that it didn't support that graphics card or processor. One or the other. It met every other requirement though. I would get a new graphics card but you can't replace graphics card on macbooks.

The solution is obvious then; buy a PC. Also, welcome!

The solution is obvious then; buy a PC. Also, welcome!

I would but I already have an xbox, and PC's are expensive. One that will run Team Fortress is at least somewhere in the $400+ range.
I know you can build rigs but they are not that much cheaper. So, I stick with my xbox. :)
Chilaha

Last edited:
Back