• Microsoft Xbox 360 - "Launch was only the beginning"

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Nintendo Revolution - "Talk about backwards compatibility!"

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Sony Playstation 3 - "I'll be makin' waffles while gaming!"

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Infinium Labs Phantom - "What...it's going to rock...whatever it is."

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "Pffttt...consoles are for REAL gamers, I'll just buy a new video card for my PC"

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

MeridianFlight

What next-generation gaming platform are you most looking forward to in 2006?

Vote and then, should you feel so inclined, please talk about your pick.

Most looking forward to? Revolution.
Probably going to buy? Revolution.
The one that I'm interested in seeing how it turns out? PlayStation 3.

I'm a Resident Evil fan, so if Resident Evil 5 for the PS3 is as good or better than Resident Evil 4 & RE: Outbreak, then I will get PS3. If it isn't as good as the previous RE series, then I won't get it.

Same as HCS! GO NEW GRAPHICS CARD! on my craptop, no card. but my laptop owns! 5700go!

I*'m actually only slightly interested in revolution, and even less with 360, since none of the games appear to be intereseting.... and playstation? sony? what?

I think after I finished the article from Howstuffworks.com on the PS3 my mouth was wide open, and drool was coming down my chin. 7 cell processors with 256 megs ram each with a custom NVidia graphics card. The only thing Sony can do to mess it up is the copy protection rumor.

Living on student loans means never owning a current-generation system. Still, I'm looking forward to owning a Playstation 2 (yes, two) after the Playstation 3 launches. My hope is that Sony will drop the price of the PS2 by then.

needless to say, but I'm saying it anyway... when it comes to X-box 360 and PS3 hands down PS3 will out preform, but the cost is still an issue they are working on.

Tek7 said:
Living on student loans means never owning a current-generation system. Still, I'm looking forward to owning a Playstation 2 (yes, two) after the Playstation 3 launches. My hope is that Sony will drop the price of the PS2 by then.

Even a year afterwards the price of the PS2 was $200 and almost $300 in some areas.

heiscommingsoon said:
I would not be so sure about ps3 outrunning hte 360. right now the xbox is only using one core int he games. The games have not begun using hte 2nd and 3rd cores. The cell is going to take even onger to leverage. We will have to see what happens but i be the xbox gets fully leverged first seeing as it is a tri-core ;powerpc cpu and ot something proprietary like the Cell.

The xBox 360 is also crashing, overheating and in some cases scratching the CD's themselves. The have had a rough start and i am enjoying Microsofts failure. (But i feel sorry for the people who spent $350 buying a "Nicely Equipped" 360 and even more so for the people who bought the "Cheap" 360 and ill eventually have to spend more money to keep up.) Ever since they bought Rareware and imo screwed up Perfect Dark i have hated Microsoft with an unbridled passion. I think the Revolution will do much better than the game cube since this Nintendo uses real CD's this time (good work Nintendo) and the "Remote" looks cool too.

I think i will buy the Revolution and stay away from Sony any Microshaft, once the price goes down and when the have some good games out. But for now i am content on my computer. :)

Odale said:
Even a year afterwards the price of the PS2 was $200 and almost $300 in some areas.

The xBox 360 is also crashing, overheating and in some cases scratching the CD's themselves. The have had a rough start and i am enjoying Microsofts failure. (But i feel sorry for the people who spent $350 buying a "Nicely Equipped" 360 and even more so for the people who bought the "Cheap" 360 and ill eventually have to spend more money to keep up.) Ever since they bought Rareware and imo screwed up Perfect Dark i have hated Microsoft with an unbridled passion. I think the Revolution will do much better than the game cube since this Nintendo uses real CD's this time (good work Nintendo) and the "Remote" looks cool too.

I think i will buy the Revolution and stay away from Sony any Microshaft, once the price goes down and when the have some good games out. But for now i am content on my computer. :)

With the Sony PS2, the price drop to 200 dollars from 300 was across the board in the United States, it wasn't only in some areas.

Microsoft maintains that though the Xbox 360's technical failures have been highly publicized, they're still within the 3% failure rate for any new electronics device launching on the market.

The Microsoft Xbox 360 "Core System" costs 300 dollars, while the "Premium System" costs 400 dollars.

I don't believe Microsoft screwed up Perfect Dark. After the release of the Perfect Dark for the Nintendo 64, Rare suffered several key defections from the development team that worked on Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. Some members left to form Free Radical, which is responsible for the Timesplitters series (very similar to Goldeneye and Perfect Dark). Others (including the project lead for both Goldeneye and PD if I'm not mistaken) formed Zoonami, which at this point, has only announced Funkydilla.

While it's nice to believe that Perfect Dark Zero would have been handled better under the guidance of Nintendo, there's no evidence to support this. After all, N-Space benefited from the watchful eye of Nintendo, only to see Geist receive a lukewarm reception from critics.

Nintendo's decision to finally embrace DVD media is a welcome one, as is their acceptance of online gaming.

A most interesting console war this next one will be.

Back