Nightfall details revealed via EBGames

Dauntless

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=646706

When a corrupt ruler summons the power of an outcast god and infects the land with a creeping darkness, it will take a band of heroes to save Elona. Guild Wars Nightfall is the roleplaying game gamers have been waiting for – an intimate, heroic experience where your decisions shape your personal game experience and your customizable party becomes an extension of your character. In this third campaign in the award-winning Guild Wars® universe, this is Guild Wars® like you've never seen before. With more than two million copies sold worldwide, Guild Wars® is the award-winning epic roleplaying game that revolutionized online gaming with its free gameplay.

• Customizable Heroes (party NPCs) that level up with the player, follow player instructions in combat, and use armor, weapons, and skills of the player’s choice.

• A new game type, Hero vs. Hero Battles will allow a single player to participate in PvP with hero NPCs.

• Two new professions: The Dervish, a scythe-wielding holy warrior and The Paragon, the guardian angels of the Elonian people.

• 4 new guild halls.

• 300 new skills.

• 250 Quests, 55 explorable areas, 20 new Story Missions, and three new Challenge Missions.

• Peerless online RPG action with no monthly fees!

I am so loving the customizeable henchies.

Dauntless said:
• Customizable Heroes (party NPCs) that level up with the player, follow player instructions in combat, and use armor, weapons, and skills of the player’s choice.
YES!

Oh wait, there was more? Can't get past the OBEDIENT henchies!

Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay!

can you get nightfall and have factions with it, i thought is said stand alone but...

Stc95 said:
can you get nightfall and have factions with it, i thought is said stand alone but...

Each game can be played stand alone or you can merge it with an existing account. It will be this way with every expansion.

so you dont get the assassian with nightfall, you have to buy both... darn!

Stc95 said:
so you dont get the assassian with nightfall, you have to buy both... darn!

Don't worry about the assassin, you aren't missing much. But all extra classes will be exclusive to their respective expansion. IE Assassin and Ritualist can only be made in Factions, Paragon and Dervish can only be made in Nightfall.

dunno the female paragorn armour looks almost exactly like ele armour..... but im so gonna go tanking with a dervish

Atown said:
dunno the female paragorn armour looks almost exactly like ele armour..... but im so gonna go tanking with a dervish
Oh, but I'm soooo going to be a paragon! I love the beautiful, ethereal look, and the skills and style sound perfect for me. I can't wait!

The Paragon character model is the same as the Ele's character model, that's why the armor looks similar because it is probably just slightly tweaked and retextured ele armor.

That's awesome. It's been many times that I've thought of how great it would be to be able to give the henchies commands. Not only can you do that but you can decide what skills and equipment they bring. That's just awesome. Now where's that auction house!

Dauntless said:
The Paragon character model is the same as the Ele's character model, that's why the armor looks similar because it is probably just slightly tweaked and retextured ele armor.

It's possible that the paragon will get its own, more unique, character model by the time nightfall actually goes live as well, but then again it might not...

I'll definitely be playing a paragon. I've always liked playing paladin, support-type chars.

I'm thinking P/W or P/Mo.

I'll try a dervish, too, but I expect I'll stick with the paragon.

azuresun said:
It's possible that the paragon will get its own, more unique, character model by the time nightfall actually goes live as well, but then again it might not...
Doubtful. The Ritualist has the same stance as the Ranger and the Assassin has the same stance as the Necro.

From Guildwas.com. Click here for the complete article.

Paragon Attributes

Spear Mastery (PRIMARY ATTRIBUTE)
Spear Mastery increases the damage you do with spears and your chance to inflict a critical hit when using a spear. Many skills, especially spear attack skills, become more effective with higher Spear Mastery.

Command
No inherent effect. Many Paragon skills, especially those that protect your allies or increase your tactical position on the battlefield, become more effective with higher Command.

Motivation
No inherent effect. Many Paragon skills, especially those related to Energy management or that inspire your allies, become more effective with higher Motivation.

Leadership
You gain 1 Energy for each ally affected by one of your Shouts or Chants (maximum 1 Energy for every 3 ranks).

Dervish Attributes

Mysticism (PRIMARY ATTRIBUTE)
Whenever an Enchantment ends, you gain 3 Health for each rank of Mysticism and 1 Energy for every 2 ranks of Mysticism.

Scythe Mastery
Scythe Mastery increases the damage you do with scythes and your chance to inflict a critical hit when using a scythe. Many skills, especially scythe attack skills, become more effective with higher Scythe Mastery.

Wind Prayers
No inherent effect. Many Dervish Spells, especially those dealing with movement or cold damage, become more effective with higher Wind Prayers.

Earth Prayers
No inherent effect. Many Dervish Spells, especially those dealing with defense or Earth damage, become more effective with higher Earth Prayers.

Kind of wierd, huh? What happened to the Dervish's agility primary attribute?! More importantly, why isn't Leadership the primary for the Paragon?!?!

EDIT: They fixed the article at Guildwars.com now. Leadership is the primary attribute for the Paragon.

Last edited:
Back