Nightfall Observations

Halonic

I tried to buy a Ghial's Staff for my MM Hero in Kaineng and Kamadan and Lion's Arch and War Camp and Droknar's with NO LUCK. Never even got a reply. I've seen peeps offering 20k and not getting a reply. Demand is out the roof for this item since the Hero's came out.

I love the scenery in Elona. Its nice to be able to see again after the darkness of Cantha.

I miss grouping with guildies. The Hero's have changed that portion of the game.

2 man teams with both bringing 3 Hero's is a nice way to get stuff done. Not like 8 person all-guild groups but much better than just henchies.

Is the Dervish the Elonian version of the Assassin? I haven't played one yet but from the point of view of my Monk, the Dervish is almost as bad (not quite but almost) as the Assassin where eating healer's energy is concerned.

I don't have Nightfall, but I'm guessing the answer is yes. As with the Assassin, it's not because the class isn't very good, it's just because they're incredibly popular and people don't know how to play them properly yet.

I've noticed lately that the number of Assassins running around has dropped considerably, and my attempts to get my assassin in a group have been more fruitful. I've also invited assassins into groups with my other chars and they've been very beneficial to the success in the missions.

Given enough time, the popularity will die down and people will start to figure out how to use them best, what combos, what builds, etc. Until then, it's Dervish spam. :/

So far the dervish that i have grouped with havent been as bad as the assassain. There was one instance where the dervish kept dying but that was the only time I have had problems with one.
I like nightfall much more than Cantha, I how its bright and the desert them is pretty cool too.

I was disappointed when I saved up bunches of Tanned hides and they didnt go as high as they did during the preview event. But it seems sapphires and rubys are starting to cost more, I know there is an armor that creates armor that uses rubys and saps that is probably why.

Halonic I think I might have an extra Ghails staff if you want it.

I still have tons of Tanned Hides just waiting for the price to go up. I have 115 Rubies and 117 Sapphires that I have been holding onto forever.

Thanks for the offer on the staff. I got a collector's bone staff and modded it up to resemble Ghail's.

Surely I am not the only one using just one set of weapons for my entire fleet of Hero's. I keep slots open in storage and just switch the weapons from one bunch to another. No need to buy jillions of weapons.

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff;192286 said:
With the ability to inscribe weapons/shields, why haven't we seen more people modding staves to become Ghial's staff?

You never needed inscriptions to make a Ghial's Bone Staff clone. All you need is a 20/20 collectors bone staff from the desert, an insightful head and a death magic wrapping, I did it for my Necro before Factions was out.

The difference between the Dervish and the Assassin is the fact that the Dervish has alot of sweet enchants and buffs that help them stay alive. The Assassin is just a knife wielding squishy character who can teleport.

Yeah and the Dervish can hit more than one person at a time, all the time.

But let he who isn't squishy throw the first stone!

I just use the Woe Spreader for my Necro Heroes. It takes the Energy +5 and Death Magic +1 mods and gives 2 Health +30 mods.

It's easy to farm too. I use the A/E build, and it's outside of Eradon Terrace (sp?) in the Luxon territory.

I love the scenery in Elona. Its nice to be able to see again after the darkness of Cantha.

I miss grouping with guildies. The Hero's have changed that portion of the game.

2 man teams with both bringing 3 Hero's is a nice way to get stuff done. Not like 8 person all-guild groups but much better than just henchies.

Elona is nice, i love everything i've seen. its a lot like the anceint Egyptians. i like that :D.
also i love the heros, Anet has truly done a wonderful thing, but with every action, there is an opposite reaction.
I miss playing with other people, that is the point of an MMORPG, now Elona is a... ORPG. i havent NEEDED any human assistence until these last two missions (the 4 general one, and the Court one)

Back