No Internet =(

Pheonix28

Slave to Christ.
So I've had no internet since roughly Friday evening. I have to wait for a technician to come out and fix my junky router (5th time I've had to have them come out and replace it) as such I doubt I'll be able to be on for the next few days (obviously I wasn't on much over the weekend...) ... So... Hopefully You'll see me back ingame and back WvW'ing it up again soon.

Should be using a Buffalo Air Station wireless router. It works with any cable modem, and runs forever. I've had mine about 5 yrs now, and aside from local power outages, and glitches it runs without any hiccups. It handles 3 comps, a Roku player, and whatever stuff my kids bring with them when they visit and never seems to mind. Good Grief, now I sound like a commercial.

Sadly I'm forced to use the modem/router they give me... I've asked them for just a modem and nothing else but they claim they don't have one... :(

In most cases you can buy a third party modem easily enough. Generally you would be looking at $50-100. From what I hear, most people that go that route get a better connection than with modems provided by their isp. Like reets said, dsl or cable? And, which provider?

Jealous of the fiber connection! It's about time America decided to join the rest of the world with truly high speed Internets.

You should be able to replace the modem. I have FTTH and replaced my modem with an ASUS RT-N56U. Works so much better. The ASUS also supports VLAN so if you have tv over the Fibre it'll work too.

Back