NOOOOO!

Hamm468

I have bad news. Sometime (since last night) some complete butthole hacked my account. All of my gold is gone, they left the guild, and they have been doing something with my assassin. I don't know what, but they also spent all of my zaishen coins. So, now I lost almost 100k, all of my materials are gone, all my interface is screwed with (Not a big deal), and I have 32 ectos somehow. But, a reinvite to the guild would be nice please.

Ouch - that is awful. If you have any idea how it happened or you find out, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Sorry that happened.

I have no idea how it happened. My little brother is the only other person who knows my account info and he was gone swimming all day. So, I'm guessing one of the servers got hacked and my info was stolen or something. And plus, he's not a jerk and (in the past) asks before he uses my account for something.

I have no idea how it happened. My little brother is the only other person who knows my account info and he was gone swimming all day. So, I'm guessing one of the servers got hacked and my info was stolen or something. And plus, he's not a jerk and (in the past) asks before he uses my account for something.

I really doubt that the srever got hacked, and player info was stolen, otherwise we'd be hearing about it. I hate to say it, but you or your younger brother probably gave the information away either on accident or on purpose.

Sorry to hear what happened. It's important to have a strong password and NEVER give it out to anyone, even a relative.

Under Paragraph 4(a) "Eligibility" of the User Agreement, "Only one person may use an Account."

Interestingly, and I wonder how often this is violated, it also says "Accounts are available only to adult individuals 18 years of age or older. If you are less than 18 years of age and wish to use the Service, your parent(s) or guardian(s) must complete the registration process, open an Account in their name(s) and accept full responsibility for all obligations under this Agreement."

"By accepting the terms of use in the Agreement, Members represent that you are an adult 18 years of age or older. Only one person may use an Account. The registered user of an Account may use the Account or may choose instead to permit a minor child of the registered user to use the Account. You are liable for all activities conducted through your Account, and parents or guardians are liable for all activities of their minor child conducted through the Account."

News on the account: I logged into my assassin and the dude that hacked my account was using my assassin for UW ecto runs. I found 32 ectos and 15k on her. o.o

That is so weird. I cannot imagine how they could hack in and take it without knowing some of your personal info before hand.

1. change your password. use a strong password, one that has nothing to do with friends, family, pets, etc. with numbers and symbols mixed in.
2. update your virus scan definitions, run a scan, there's even some browser-based virus scans out there, i believe. (don't know if they're good or not)
3. run adaware/spybot
4. run ccleaner
5. TELL ANET!

if you know how, it might be better to boot up into safe mode to run virus scan and all the other stuff.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your troubles Hamm. I noticed you left the guild and was wondering why.

Anyways, I firmly believe that the word "hacked" is wayyyy overused these days. Most likely the "hacker" tricked you (or your brother) into giving out the password. Ask yourself these questions:

1. Have you ever bought or tried to buy gold for real cash on a website?

2. Have you ever downloaded a cheat guide or bot for guild wars from a site?

3. Have you made any new friends recently on guild wars (Yes, besides us)? People that seem really really really nice and friendly and trustworthy that could possibly have asked for your password for some reason, like to give you some rare weapon or gold because "well gosh darn it, they're just really super nice but their trade window doesn't work for some reason"

4. Could you have picked up a keylogger from a phishing site.

5. Have you registered your e-mail that you use for Guild Wars with any fan forums using the same password you use for Guild Wars. (yes, besides this one)

6. Have you given out your e-mail to anyone ingame for any reason? Someone ask for the e-mail to send you some cool screenshots? To give you a nice guide? Invite for a forum page? etc?

7. Could your younger brother have done any of the above things? Hmmmm??? (I'm getting warmer, aren't I?)

8. What was your password? No you don't have to answer out loud. Was it pitifully easy to guess? One person in our alliance was recently hacked. Her password was "guildwars".
Is your password "Hamm"? One of your character names? Your real name? "guildwars"? "game"?

9. Have you done anything recently that might have made you a target? Here's what I mean by this: Have you recently bought an expensive item? Do you walk around in FoW armor? Have you posted stuff like "Wow!!! Look at my new ultra rare minipet!!" in town or on a fan forum.

10. Could your brother have done #9.

11. Ok, not to pick on your brother, but....Ok, well yeah I am picking on your brother. How old is he? A lot of 11 and 12 year olds play this game and they are the prime target for scammers. An 11 year old kid is pitifully easy to scam. A scammer befriends him and gives him free stuff and somehow tricks the password out of him.

Just some thoughts. I'm sorry this happened. Look on the bright side. You learned a lesson with your guild wars account, not your bank account.

Back