North Carolina, Charlotte Area

amusedtoe

Ok so Charlotte, North Carolina is looking like where I'll be moving in the next two months or so.  Concord more specificly is where I'd the apartment complex I'm looking at is.  There's no particular reason for North Carolina other then my girl can easily transfer down there for work, and from my understanding it's fairly nice.

So I'm wondering if anyone lives down in that area, or has or has visted for a decent amount of time, and could give me an idea of the area.  The good, the bad, the quirks.  How the job market is if you have any idea, especially in retail and computer sectors since I've heard the computer industry in Charlotte is booming right now.  Also the kind of climate since all I've ever known is frigged Michigan.
tounge.gif
 Also what kind of city is Charlotte like population, good variety of stuff, is it a dense city with lots of stuff close together or more spread out since Detroit just kind of sprawls and is huge for no real good reason.  Any info's much appreciated thanks.  And just think we can be best of buddys and I'll stalk you and steal your cat!  Just kidding.
laugh.gif
 Oh yea the most important question!  How available is broadband, and does SBC exist down there since they have DSL pretty cheap.
biggrin.gif

Ooo Virginia's right there isn't it, I could drive up and see some Skins games sometimes. And the Nationals are moving there, well they'll still suck but good teams will come visit them sometimes!

I lived there when i was young so i dont remeber that much but i can tell you a few things. First Charolette is a beautiful city at least of the ones ive seen. Second its within a few hours drive of some good beachs such as hilton head and myrtle beach. It can indeed get quite humid but you'll get used to it... mabye. If you're looking for a church try Calvery Church. I dont know how it is these days and its pretty huge so it might not be your thing. Regardless its at least worth checking out. And lastly try Sonny's BBQ sometime; good bbq and relatively cheap.

Also foget about dsl cable's better anyway and i know time warner cable at least used to be there so road runner should be available

No problem. heh I have to promote my dad's business even if he doesnt work in the area anymore.

Though I currently go to school up here in western NY my home is in NC, about 2 hours from Charlotte. Charlotte is an awesome city, and the Concord area is particularly nice. It's home to Concord Mills, one of the largest malls in the state
smile.gif

you can talk to Espresso machine in ToJ he leaves in the NC/SC area i forget which, also CGamer lives in SC i think. you may want to talk to him

Back