Norton AntiVirus for cheap.

lorthis

Hey all seems like a lot of people are having virus issues. It is imperative that you have legitimate anti-virus software on your windows machines. AVG free does not count. It is also very important that you allow your anti-virus to constantly get updated virus definitions to continue provide protection for you.

If you do not have one of the ones on this list I would consider buy norton antivirus: http://antivirus.about.com/od/antivirussoftwarereviews/tp/aatpavwin.htm

(There is also Norton Internet Security, I can not speak to the quality of that product)

Note that Norton's antivirus used to cripple system performance, but they've gotten better with that with the last couple releases. I would not recommend the larger Norton product: 360. Norton 360 is an ugly beast and, to my knowledge, will still cripple your system.

Buy.com (a legit site, I use semi-often) has Norton antivirus for $15. Can't beat 15 bucks for good virus protection.

http://www.buy.com/prod/norton-antivirus-2010-1-user/q/loc/105/211970492.html?adid=17653

I recently heard Kapersky is the most effective product out there, catching more than Norton, and other high end anti virus software out on the market.

As long as your using something. My hope that the low price point those not using anything would at least get this.

MSE is fantastic, I agree. It is what I use and what I put on all my client's PCs.

I also like Avira Antivir and Avast which are also free. But for various reasons MSE beats them in my opinion.

You know what they say... "If you have a $10 head, buy a $10 helmet". :)

AVG is a decent one. Might not have as great detection rates as others, but for a free one its a fine choice.

Just because you don't get viruses doesn't mean much about the AV. (other then you are a safe surfer) :) I don't use antivirus on one of my machines and its has never gotten a virus in many years now. It is really more the activities and behavior of the user then it is the AV software.

Also I have been cleaning viruses off of machines all month that have AVG installed. But many of them have Norton and McAfee as well.

Performing monthly maintenance with CCleaner and Malwarebytes (perhaps a scan with hitman pro as well) will do a lot more then any AV will do, in my opinion.

In the end, MSE is better then AVG for many reasons. I would recommend you make the switch ;)

PS. Don't pay for AV, there really is nothing out there that is better than what you can get for free.

Last edited:
I just downloaded MSE on my crappy laptop and it seems super easy to work! thanks for the suggestion ive never heard of the program!

Back