Not Game Related, but for those seeking Jobs

Abea

Tribe of Judah Social Media Manager
Hi there,

I know several TOJ members who are looking for a job, so I thought I'd post this handy little tip. Recently, I was also looking for a job. I found out that most jobs required submission of the application and/or resume online. I submitted over 20 apps/resumes and heard very little, other than a rejection letter, back.

Honestly, my resumes have always been successful. I have done resumes for other's and those have been successful. But, I was at the library one day and they had this book there on resumes, so I thought, we'll let's see, what's new in that world.

It was great! It explained the online submission process and how to write my resume to take advantage of it. The format of the resume was complete different than any I had ever seen. I also got the Cover Letter book, and it to, was different than any I had seen.

I submitted four resumes after that and got three responses for an interview. I was offered two of the jobs. Maybe it was timing, maybe it was the jobs I applied for, who knows, but maybe, just maybe, it was the resume?? I'm thinking it was the resume and it was a God thing for me to see the book and pick it up. :D

So I thought I'd share the name of the books and the author in case someone else would like to give it a try. Even the resources in the back for job searching were very valuable.

Knock 'em Dead {fill in the blank, resumes, cover letter, there are a few of them}
The Strategies and Samples You Need to Get the Job You Want
Yate, Martin John (Book - 2010)

The website for it is: http://www.knockemdead.com/

God be in your day!

Last edited:
I checked out the 2011 edition of Knock 'Em Dead as an e-book from my library. The checkout period is 14 days, so I should be able to glean some helpful information before it expires.

Back