Not Going to be around for a while

Ezekel

Well my computer has died. Most likely the CPU but it could be the motherboard, either way it to much of a hassle to fix. This means that it is going to be a while till I can play again.

This does mean that I get to upgrade, though I was hoping to wait a little longer.

So the question is, AMD or Intel? Nvidia or ATI? Case and colors? My budget is between 800 and 900, though less is more so I can get a good deal I will take it.

Anyways going to be gone this weekend, visiting my brother his wife and his 3 month old. Leave some ideas, color schemes, websites to buy it from and specs below.

Zeke Ronin, Ranger
Saul Ronin, Ritualist with Pumpkin head
Ezekel Ronin, Warrior that is going for survivor so has been remade a couple times

I think AMD is pulling ahead as far as processors. ATI has higher performance cards, but Nvidia has a better mid-high range selection. You can get the geforce 250 or 260 for about $120-$150 I believe.

Check out IBuypower, they will custom build a reasonably priced comp. When I upgraded my otherhalfs and my comp that is where I went. AMD or Intel? I traditionally lean towards AMD when money is tight, best bang for the buck. Intel is a frog hair better, but pricier. If you are going to do a lot of graphics go with AMD. Straight Nvidia fan though, had bad luck with ATI. Stuff all the memory in you can afford. Terabyte hd are cheaper, but unless you have a bodacious amount of mp3s and video it isn't necessary, 750 will be a lot. HP comps have a tendency to be inexpensive, but don't always have the best video cards. With GW2 I have the sneaky feeling the better video card is a good idea. Spent 1200 for my Intel I7 system from Ibuypower, 900 and change for her AMD system, both capable of gaming your brains out. One bears humble opinion only.

Well finally ordered my computer, and overshot my budget by about 200 dollars but whatever. I did use iBUYPOWER, but then I have bought my last 2 computers from them as well.

So final is
Intel i5 760
Nvidia GTX 460
4 gigs of ram, upgrading to 8 later when I can fix the shattered remains of my piggy bank
500 GB HD, though I still have my old 320 so no wories on space
everything else is pretty standard

Overall I going to get 3 free games, Just Cause 2, Starcraft II once the rebate comes in and Street Fighter 4.

I already have Street Fighter 4 so if somebody else wants it then drop me a line and I will give you the code once it comes in.

Overall I will be well prepared for GW2.

Doesn't look like a bad machine. When does it get here and you can download the GW client again?? ;)

Doesn't look like a bad machine. When does it get here and you can download the GW client again?? ;)

Well 5 to 10 business days to process and ship out then about 5 or so for ground shipping so should be anywhere from two the three weeks, thankfully I still have my old hard drive so all I have to do is plug it in then transfer it to my new one.

Sounds like ya done real gooder. :) Sounds like a good plan on the old hard drive, that's what I did.

Back