not really ps3 related, but......

blackgravity

who here has a psp?

any recommendations on games? i have $20 on a psn card, and i'm looking to take advantage of it. there's a TON of stuff on the playstation store that looks good, and i have a few years worth of games to pick up.

library as of now:

persona
MGS portable ops
little big planet
Work Time Fun

I'm really leaning towards Pixeljunk Monsters Deluxe, just because it's way fun, and seems like a good pick up and play/put in sleep mode/come back to it later game

I got a PSP-3000, I enjoy it when not on PS3/PC.

I would say Motorstorm: Artic Edge (off-road racing), probably Metal Gear Solid/FF7/Crash Bandicoots/Spyros for some retro fun, Patapon 2 (crazy fun), Dissidia: Final Fantasy (pretty deep, crazy action scenes), Rockband Unplugged (RB 1 + 2 songs, no DLC IIRC though :(), and if they have it for cheap, Resistance:Retribution (online, and a lengthy single-player, tight controls and cool weapons).

I have a 2000...care to narrow down a bit, BG? What genre in particular are you feeling an itch for atm?

I loved pixeljunk on the PS3...but I also found it was mostly fun to play with a couch partner. I also enjoy playing original PS1 games on the PSP. They're dated...but still look pretty good on that small screen for the most part. If you're looking old-school RPG in addition to what Keero mentioned...the Wild Arms games are great. I was super-excited when I heard those were coming to the PSN...even though I already have the PS2 remake of the first one.

mmmm nothing really tying me down genre wise.

though, as hard a time i am getting used to the controls for portable ops, shooters might not be the best. anything that is really easy to just pick up and play and ditch it a few minutes later if i have to.

i've been eyeing the Prinny game, and like i said, have 2 games fully paid on preorder, so i'm really just all ears as to what other people like

Prinny is a brutal game, difficulty-wise. Though Resistance: Retribution is one of the easiest shooters to control on the PSP (your reticle is like a wide box, so it'll auto aim some) and it has plenty of features if you hook it up to your PS3 if you got Resistance 2. (If you wanted a shooter that is.)

Pick up and play, hmm...

Oh snap, Megaman Maverick Hunter X is a blast. ^__^ If you played the SNES version to death, it's a tad easy, but there is the ability to play as a Villian. Retro fun if you want that, takes about 10 minutes a level or so, not including secrets.

Half-Minute Hero is a short, funny, and enjoyable game. You have a lot of different modes (spoofing RPG cliches, RTS, SHMUP, and 2-3 other modes). Haven't played it for a long time, but I did like what I seen.

Tekken: Dark Resurrection if you enjoy the series. Controls were tight, but can be blister-inducing if you pump out the crazy combos.

Burnout: Legends has plenty of speed, graphics are great, controls are good, and plenty of quick fun. ^_^

That's all I got. :/

I've been thinking about half-minute hero.

i did pick up Prinny, only beat 1 level and it's already kicking my butt. But it's fun, makes me chuckle.

probably gonna head to gamestop in a bit to check out what they've got.

between gamestop, PSN, and amazon it's really hard to make decisions.

although i really should finish Persona. i took a bit of a break, i'm at somewhat of a grindfest portion of the game

I'm saving for a PSP soon... I WILL have one by P3P's release... I knew I was going to have to get one when Valkyria Chronicles 2 was announced for PSP sooo yeah.. Soon.

Currently playing Lunar: Silver Star for PSP. Very great remake (is this the 3rd or 4th for this game?). Anyway, I'd highly recommend this version if you are looking for a good RPG to play, or hadn't played Lunar in a while.

Can't believe I sold my original Sega CD copy to gamestop to buy food. Bad times. :(

Haha, I loved the SNES, but the Sega CD really was awesome. Was sad to see it flop.

What didn't flop was SEGA's rad commercials.

I spend like two hours just watching them go back and forth with Nintendo. The Starfox 64 one was surprisingly bad... "THE CONTROLLER RUMBLES?!?!" "You can do barrel rolls!"

Last edited:
gah, Peacewalker

/drool

kinda scared at some of the bosses though, heard some of them are a giant pain without doing co-op

Back