Oblivion...

Dark Virtue said:
That's the one reason I don't order games.

Normally I wouldn't, but my dad refused to take me to Best Buy, and I don't have my drivers license yet. (One more in-car and then I take the test!)

It's good, heck it's great, but it's also FAR from perfect.

I wish it hadn't been designed with a console game in mind. Some things could have been made to be better suited on the PC.

But I'm not complaining :)

Console gamer? HA!

Oblivion is THE RPG, and the biggest reason is the construction set. If Morrowind was any indication, there will be a virtually infinite and constantly expanding library of fan-made mods which will extend the playtime and content of Oblivion indefinitely. X-boxers do not and will not have access to this aspect of the game and I therefore dub the 360 version Oblivion Lite.

PC gamers, I warn you now, the massiveness of this game carries with it a price. It is significantly more buggy then the average game and will continue to be buggy for weeks, possibly even months. If you aren't a diehard fan of the series I strongly recommend that you hold off for at least a month before you buy it. Bethesda is good about patching their games, and most of the more henious kinks should be worked out by then.

Personally, I've just invested about $200 in a new motherboard and video card just so that I can play Oblivion properly. If your machine doesn't meet the (rather stringent) recommended requirements I wouldn't recommend getting Oblivion. While it will run on a lower-end PC it won't run well and the glitching is even more prevalent then on fancier machines.,

[toj.cc]phantom said:
Normally I wouldn't, but my dad refused to take me to Best Buy, and I don't have my drivers license yet. (One more in-car and then I take the test!)

No bicycle?

astrod00d said:
No bicycle?

It takes 30 minutes to get there by car, probably 1 hour by bike. Besides, to get their the freeway must be taken, I ain't ridin' my bike on no freeway...

[toj.cc]phantom said:
It takes 30 minutes to get there by car, probably 1 hour by bike. Besides, to get their the freeway must be taken, I ain't ridin' my bike on no freeway...

You can't take side streets?

BTW, anyone know where I can buy Illusion spells? None of the vendors I've seen so far carry any. Even the Mage's Guild doesn't have any.

All the people who sell them are invisible. Illusionists, what a bunch of punks! Actually... I don't know where to get them, sorry.

I spent all of last evening breaking into random houses for kicks. I picked the Wood Elf Assassin class, with Sign of the Thief. So far it's been fun.

Regarding where to get spells

Mages in different cities specialize in different schools of magic, which you've probably learned by now.

While my big box of upgrade-parts has arrived I can't bring myself to stop playing for long enough to install them. You see, a few industrious people whipped up some software to make Oblivion quite playable on unsupported hardwares. I was only going to get a little taste of the game, now my taste appears to be about 40 hours worth.

I got the game and it's great. The graphics are beautiful and the sound is great. The AI is pretty cool too. As for appropriateness there is violence(obviously!), magic (another given), swearing and blasphemeing (but they have 9 gods so are those the ones being blasphemed?), there are sexual refrences such as live in partners and necrophelia

Back