Official Guild Server Support

Bowser

Tribe of Judah StarCraft Series Chapter Leader
Please create an Alliance only character on the PvP Central server Illidan, this is the server we will be supporting.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Ugh, I can't wait. I won't be able to play until tomorrow night when my brother comes home (We will be sharing accounts).

Just walked in the door, I pre-ordered the game at Best-Buy but they sold my collectors edition within the first hour they were open...

Had to go down to Gamestop and buy one but I finally have it see you in game.

Alrighty. I'll be there. Seems as if alot of ppl are complaining about lag issues with the central pvp servers. Tis that true?

One more question. Will we be utilizing our TS server?

I imagine as we get more organized we will use the ts server for raids and such. The Central pvp currently does have a cap on it and took me about 4 minutes to get in.

Once I got in though there was no lag issues blizzard basicly said they put the  cap on to try to make people join the less popular servers after today I doubt there will be an issue.

Edit: Made a Gnomish Mage named Melko if anyone wants to message me, tonight we can try to get 9 together to sign the charter maybe.

Looks like people are complaining for no reason then. I tell you people complain about things for no reason. Lets hope that they bump the cap soon.

Heres the offiicial post about the cap here.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ][Update3]
We are currently seeing queues on 4 servers: Archimonde, Illidan, Mal'Ganis, Stormreaver, and Mannoroth out of the current 41.

We are expanding servers in the most heavily populated time zones and are working to improve the situation with the queues. We also encourage players who are trying to log on for the first time to please select another server if you are trying to create a character on these 4 servers.

And, please tell me, what was the point of the open beta stress test if their servers are failing already?

BTW, Just picked up my copy of this afternoon. No Collectors edition, but I figure I'll save the extra $50 for a few months worth of play.

lol. The servers are not failing blizzard is just being careful. They will be bringing up more servers. They want the release to go as smooth as possable and this is one way they are doing that. I wish SWG did this when they released. That was a hairly release. I can't tell you how many times the login server went down the first day in that game. Blizzard has it right.

Blednnyn and I put in our 12 hours at work and rushed to pick up our preorders and headed home in hopes of joining you all. We only have time to play perhaps an hour tonight but when we log in we see the estimated wait time to join you all is 45 minutes. Unfortunantly many nights our playtime is limited so at this point I feel if we have to wait in line to join our friends and enjoy our limited playtime it isnt going to work. I prefer to play on a less populated server to begin with anyway as the lag is always lower and the atmosphere less frustrating. I'm not sure where Bled and I will create our characters as of yet. We prolly wont get serious about our characters till tomarrow night when we have more time to play. In the meantime keep us posted if you all move to a less populated server or the population drops drastically.

We won't be moving, especially after just the first day.  Please just wait it out and be patient.  If this continues we will look toward joining another server, but we won't at this time.

btw - this isn't the stress test and so you will see much less players than what we saw during the beta.  You should also expect to see virtually no lag. Blizzard purposely set the player cap very low, but hopefully they will be increasing it gradually over the next few days.

I'm playing on Illidan and up to level 10 now, once you get on there is no lag and I have yet to disconnect.

Over the next few days hopefully the population will even out and they can raise the cap. I doubt past today or maybe this week there will be any line at all.

What was the reason for choosing Illidan? Wouldn't it have been better to choose a much less populated one?

It was choosen well before there was any lines or problems at all and up until around 5pm there was no wait at all.

To my surprise there are actually a lot of people on, but I didn't have a problem at all with my quests. I'm not sure, but it seems like Blizzard has dynamic servers, so that the more people are in a zone the faster the creeps/monsters respawn.

Also, there was absolutely no lag at all in the zones. As people level up I'm hoping Blizzard will raise the cap by tomorrow, or at least the next day. Exoslayer also mentioned to me that he'd like to see Blizzard add more servers (which they are) and having the ability to transfer characters to them, so that it will kind of balance out the population.

Well, it appears to be a problem with the launch itself, not any particular server. Playing during peak hours on launch day during thanksgiving break equals quite a bit of lag. My brother said it was unplayable on his server so I guess switching servers won't help much right now.

Edit: Woot! The two names I want have now been reserved. I can now rest for tonight as long as no one takes them in the two minutes it takes me to create them. *Looks around suspiciously*

It's amazing how popular this game is. Seeing as how it's an MMORPG I honestly didn't think it would sell a whole lot at launch. However, I've heard from a few friends that some stores were completely sold out within just the first few hours.

I also have many friends who are interested in playing; several of which I've brought over to my house and kind of gave them a short tour of the cities and surrounding locations. It was really cool, and most of them enjoyed it so much that they plan on upgrading their pc's just so that they can play with us.

Hi all. I'm new to the forums today. I've played MMO's for about 4 years i guess ever since the early days of EQ. I have really known what it means to be a Christian and have embraced it for probably the last year or so, and I'm learing new things every day to help myself grow in the faith.

Anyway, introduction aside, I was wondering if there was any more thought about playing at least part time on a PvE server for WoW. I know there was a suggestion on this board somewhere about it.

Lemme know, I'll be getting the game soon methinks.

Nate - Blackmantis from EQ

Hey Mantis, it's great to see you!

We probably will not be looking at a PvE server, since we've already decided.  A few weeks ago the big concern was PvP or PvE, and then just recently a few of my friends brought up the RP servers.  I know it's really hard to play on a different server than one you already had your mind set to, but I feel these servers will benefit the guild and our future together.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to see you in-game!

-Bowser

Back