Official WoW UI AddOn Development Policy

Kagnus

For the curious, Blizzard has announced a new addon policy. It may affect addons you use -

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/policy/ui.html

Note: this is targeted at addons and addon authors, not users. If you use an addon that is in violation of the policy, you most likely won't get in trouble for it. However, Blizzard has added a means to blacklist addons within the game.

D'oh!

That hits The Forgiven and the SGA. The WoW Calendar is relatively worthless at this point. And with the 3.1 patch looming, the existing version of Group Calendar will most likely soon lose its functionality... :(

is there any discussion on the WoW forums as far as Blizzard improving the functionality of the built in calendar? they seem to be willing to integrate many ofthe most popular mods so I would think they would be open to further suggestions on that front.

something that should be posted on SGA as well:

Blizzard is adding sign-up functionality and an "invite whole guild" button that invites up to 500 toons.

No word yet on inter-guild functionality.

so if Group Calendar isnt available for download will we still use it?? Assuming it's still compatible with 3.1 those of us that already have the program can still use it right.

One problem with the WoW calendar is that you have to add certain toons (invite them) to be able to see the event instead of it automatically being available to all guild members. I guess if you can invite the whole guild that would fix that though...

Also Brian was asking about getting GC since it's not available for download. I don't have the knowledge to make my copy available for others to download, like perhaps from the TF addons site. It might depend how much longer we use it if that's worthwhile or not.

ya I heard that today, I posted in the afternoon and went to work. Somehow Meaghan new about that so I learned about it at work. I'll direct Brian here and it looks like he can get a working version from the link Adam posted

Last edited:
Back