Ok I cant wait for GW:EN - need help with decision.

ewoksrule

I am breaking down. I can't wait for GW:EN and am going to buy an xpac. So which one should it be? Factions or Nightfall?

Ive always been a big PvE fan and will want to level one of the new professions to 20 in either game. I am really getting into PvP tho and loving it. The Factions PvP battles that change the map sound really exciting. But the heroes PvP battles sound awesome as well. Are they pretty fun in your experience?

Most reviewers tend to say that NF has a better PvE story and pacing then Factions.

So if you could only get one right now (of course i'll have both eventually) which would it be? Any info to help me make the decision would be appreciated.

I would get nightfall. A lot of PvP builds are using those skills right now. So from a PvP stand point NF is better. Now also getting Heroes is a Big deal as well so I also vote for NF in that respect. The PvE is better in NF I spose though I also liked Factions but overall I think NF is the better choice right now. Although you will miss a bit of story and not understand who Shiro is it is really not that big a deal.

Nightfall.
it got be back on GW after Factions got me off.

I'm not much of a PvPer, but as for PvE, Nightfall is much better. The Heroes add a huge amount to the game. The missions are also more fun, imo.

Definatly Nightfall... Factions is one of those games that is fun to have and enjoy, but not really nessecary. And Paragons and Dervishs are awsome!

Sorry, I shouldn't have talked so much about the content you don't have.

He told me last night that he was going to resist buying one of the newer campaigns until after EotN.

I think you see where the common opinion is going as far as which campain. The biggest reason for getting Factions would be Alliance battles or if you like Assassins or Ritualists and want to play one more than a Paragon or Dervish.

Nightfall has the heroes (but you will get them in EotN too). I think the starting area is a little more enjoyable and a little slower paced than in Factions. The forks in the story line are a little less severe.

heheh, it was a mix of things that are making the purchase inevitable. The biggest being that I need more character slots! and GW:EN isn't providing any ;(

So I went with NF and bought a unused key from a seemingly reputable powerseller on eBay. EXCEPT it didn't unlock Nightfall!!!! It unlocked a bunch of weapons. I guess they sent me the game of the year upgrade or something by accident.

Now I am dealing with their customer service and trying to get the right key sent. Aye yi yi. So much for new content and leveling a paragon tonight.

I agree with one2dredd about the Heros - you need to start learning to work with them. I even agree, for the most part, with the prefrred environment.

BUT

If you want to try a ritualist or assassin - it is Factions
If you want to level up in a hurry - it is Factions

Once you are out of the city (for me) the environment is gorgeous. I love playing in the Jade Sea still. I just switched allegience to the Kursicks and I love the forest environs.

If I had to choose one or the other - it would be Factions - especially if I knew I was eventually going to get the other.

So I went with NF and bought a unused key from a seemingly reputable powerseller on eBay. EXCEPT it didn't unlock Nightfall!!!!

That sucks. Sorry about that. I hope you get it straightened out soon. I hate that feeling of having to wait for something fun.

They should have at least one baby shower gift for the dad-to-be: PC Game of your choice (for all the late nights when you can put your fussy baby in a sling and still play GW).
hahah thats the card i am pulling out here! I have 4month old twin girls and GW is what will keep me up for the midnight feedings.

(oh and i got my money refunded, so now i have to find another auction of nightfall)

They should have at least one baby shower gift for the dad-to-be: PC Game of your choice (for all the late nights when you can put your fussy baby in a sling and still play GW).

my wife just gave me a disbelieving look when i told her that....

hahah thats the card i am pulling out here! I have 4month old twin girls and GW is what will keep me up for the midnight feedings.

(oh and i got my money refunded, so now i have to find another auction of nightfall)

Congratulations on your twins. You are blessed. :) Hope you get a good deal on Nightfall too. I don't see what's the problem with playing a computer game, so long as you can still keep an eye on them and mom is getting her sleep. But that's up to the parents to be the judge of what they can do while watching over little ones.

my wife just gave me a disbelieving look when i told her that....

haha. well, I don't want to suggest anything that might get you in trouble. But I do know my best friend bought me a sling, and one of her selling points on it was that I could do dishes and other housework while carrying my baby around in it, even when she was just newborn. Babies have this thing where they will sleep if they are held but will wake up as soon as you lay them down. So maybe you can start out with dish washing and work up to GW? :D

haha. well, I don't want to suggest anything that might get you in trouble. But I do know my best friend bought me a sling, and one of her selling points on it was that I could do dishes and other housework while carrying my baby around in it, even when she was just newborn. Babies have this thing where they will sleep if they are held but will wake up as soon as you lay them down. So maybe you can start out with dish washing and work up to GW? :D

yeah, we've got a "snugli" thing, but you're not supposed to sit down with it. I sat down with him in it one time, and he was basically standing in my lap....

yeah, we've got a "snugli" thing, but you're not supposed to sit down with it. I sat down with him in it one time, and he was basically standing in my lap....

The slings are a bit easier because the baby can sit and lay in so many different positions in it. You can have the baby nestled and sleeping kind of on the side, or up along the chest. They are pretty neat if you are looking for something with more versatility that also can be used for longer (my friend used it until her daughter was 2, because it also helps the kid sit on your hip without you having to hold them).

You could look like this guy:

http://www.babyslings.com/images/INDIAN.JPG

Just kidding!

Back