Our big news

Manyik

According to the most recent statistics available, in the United States in 2002, 129,000 children were in foster care systems nationwide waiting to be adopted. Many of these children remain in foster care for years without having a place to call home. Moreover, when they age out of care usually at age 18, they are without permanent connections to families needed for success as adults.

Well I don't feel like we are getting much game time in these days. Life is busy and now it looks like God has added one more thing to our plate. This summer we are working towards getting foster-parent certified and hope to adopt a boy 6-10yd into our family as soon as this fall. We have been looking for more ways to share God's love around and have felt lead to this. Between the classes we will be attending and the books I now feel compelled to read on parenting we see our summer slipping away very quickly. Please keep us in your prays for this and that he will help us have time for GWs as well :)

Kel Queen of all Europe

will continue prayer for you guys. My youth leader does foster care he will have about 4 children by next year. Just dont forget about us. ;)

I don't think I could handle normal foster care, at least not at this point in my life. It would just kill me to give kids back after having them become a part of our family I think. We do need many more good foster parents in this country though and I respect your youth leader for answering that call. I am totally excited and majorly terrified at the same time when I think about how our lives are going to change but can't wait to meet our new little guy who ever he is.

Kel Queen of all Europe

Ya, they had to give back a baby they had grown attached to. It was hard for them. Also it is hard because in a year they will have gone from no kids to four.

y'all will be great parents. i haven't gotten to play GW with y'all much but from what i have you guys seem like amazing parents. i will pray that y'all will do God's will with this child and that God will work his plan in this child's life, which with God's blessing y'all will be so much better. congrats y'all.
Joey

you right Joey, they are great people. We are all truly blessed to know Kel, Rho, and Popcorn.

Foster parent classes will start for us July 16th but to be able to go to them Rho has had to change from 2d shift to 1st shift. Groan, the alarm went off at 6am to help us get ready for the change next week. Most of our paper work is in and a few of the project we wanted to tackle around the house are done but there are still the classes, home and fire inspections, and plenty more projects around here we need to work on. Just wanted to give you guys an up date. Hopefully we will see you all more soon.

Kel Queen of all Europe

Being someone who was in foster care for much of my teen years, I will always have tremendous respect for anyone who undertakes such an enormous responsibility. The young people that I was around were very hurt and confused at times, and there were times it was only the love and sacrifice of the foster parents that gave them hope. Opening your home to a child of any age for any length of time can be both a trying and enriching experience, and my prayers will be with all three of you as you begin this chapter of your lives.

Just wanted to let everyone know the fingerprint check finally went through and we will have the homestudy next week, Tue at 12noon! This is the last steep before we start looking for a kid.

Kel Queen of all Europe

Rho musta paid someone to get a clean record. :p

nah, im glad for you guys, keep up the good work!

That is amazing guys; I will pray for a smooth transition both for you guys, and the new addition to your family :)

Just wanted to let everyone know the homestudy and inspections both went well. We should be able to start looking for a new addition to our family once we get back from vacation, in early Nov. :)

Thank you for all your prayers,
Kel Queen of all Europe

Back