Out of the Game loop

Master~Plan

So after starting college I kind of made a huge cut on video game time. Then after joining Geek squad I stopped playing computer games all together. Eventually I bought a ps2 slim, and some fighter games(street fighter anniversary, Virtua fighter4, Soul Calibur 2)I love RTS games, but not on console, and fighter games are all beaten/ getting old(but never obsolete ;) )

Sooo, I was wondering if someone could match me up with a game. I am out of the video game loop, and don't know what is out there. Ideally I want a third person game, where I can get cool spells/weapons. I want it to be in mid evil(sp?) time, and I want it to be real time(no take turns :mad: ) So I guess if someone knows of a game like seceret of mana that is on ps2, please let me know. So far I'm thinking of picking up balders gate dark alliance for like 10 bucks on ebay(if you see fyrebat916 bidding please don't try to outbid :D ). Does anyone know of any other titles? or did I pretty much just sum up balders gate? I'm flexible on the mid evil(sp?) time.

And why is Marvel vs Capcom 2 for ps2 so dang expensive?!

^ heh, good call. Its not for ps2 though. do you think it will run on a 1.3 ghz p4 384 megs of ram, with bare minimum processes running?

errr u may have issues running on that kind of system... whats champs of norath?

Champions of Norrath is a game by the people that made Dark Alliance. And DA1 comes highly recommended, but DA2 was just mediocre.

Rygar can probably be had for under 20, there's also the Mark of Kri, in terms of action games on the PS2. If you had a GameCube, I'd tell you to check out Eternal Darkness. It's an awesome game, and outside of Resident Evil 4, the best horror game on consoles.

kraniac said:
Champions of Norrath is a game by the people that made Dark Alliance. And DA1 comes highly recommended, but DA2 was just mediocre.
Exactly, man I wish they would have stayed around and made DA2 instead of CON, because I much prefer the DND world to Norrath. And DA was alot gorier than CON :) , I'm surprised they kept it at a T rating. But DA1 is definitely a highly reccomended use of 10 hours.

I think I'm sold on DA and I'll probably pick up Norrath: Return To Arms also, it looks slick and got good reviews.
DA1 it is
Rygar can probably be had for under 20, there's also the Mark of Kri, in terms of action games on the PS2. If you had a GameCube, I'd tell you to check out Eternal Darkness. It's an awesome game, and outside of Resident Evil 4, the best horror game on consoles.
I'll give those a look tonight. I played resident evil 4 at my friends house, and it was really good. We were playing all the challenges to unlock secret stuff.

Back