Paladin Questions

Jehanne

Hi everybody. As some of you know, I was able to transfer my 60 Paladin to this server. I haven't really played her in about a year, so I'm studying her, reading forums, etc... to remember how to play her well. My questions about her are...

How well does she need to be geared? I would love to raid with you, but I'm not sure how her gear is these days compared to most.

Also, what type of pally does this guild need? More of an off-tank type, or healer type? I can go with whatever you guys need. I have tried to upload her profile, and if I did so correctly, there should be a link to it below. If it doesn't work, then I obviously need more help than I thought. :D

http://www.rpgoutfitter.com/wow-gm/char.cfm?char=Sallie@US-Terenas

Thanks guys!
Laura

Last edited:
what kind of raiding? 5/10 man or the bigger 20/40? If the latter, sadly healadin/debuffer is what is expected by people. Hopefully Osk (looonnng time old school pally) can comment in particular as to gear.

Well, first I would always say play how you have fun with the character.

The most useful spec is holy for raids. Second would be protection, last would be retribution. Ret is mainly a PvP tree. A strong ret paladin in a raid tends to pull agro and waste other healer mana.

In BC the role of the paladin may change, but right now the paladin is a buffer/healer in most raids. So the best thing to do is focus on + healing gear.

The first priority if you do not have it would be to get a libram of divinity, a relic that gives +53 to flash of light heals. Drops in Scholomance.

If you do not or cannot take advantage of the many Molten Core runs that the SGA has to offer and putting together the lawbringer set is not a reality, work on getting soulforge. It is a great all-purpose set that can aid in healing greatly.

If you decide to go protection, the tree I *love* :) , then soulforge would be better than lawbringer, as most of it's + stats are to healing AND damage, lawbringer is all + healing. Some +defense is good, but you do not need as much as a warrior. As a protection paladin you will almost never be tanking main bosses. The best use a protection paladin has in raiding, even if it is not recognized, is tanking groups of mobs that need to be aoe'd down. In Zul Gurrub, the bat boss or spider boss areas are good examples. And there is one fight in AQ40, Fankris, where tanking paladins are a must. Yay! Go us!

If you have any specific questions, I would be glad to answer them :)

Edit: After typing all that I looked at your link. Looks like focusing on lightforge right now would be your best immediate goal. Run all the 5-mans and UBRS to get it. Gloves, bracers and belt should be easy for TF to help you with, as they are BoE. I might have the belt lying around somewhere. Once you get the bracers, as you farm for lightforge, you can start the soulforge upgrade quest series and work on it in parallel.

Last edited:
Yup we currently have a wrist and belt available, just fire off an email to tfsetitems so I don't forget :)

Thanks SO much, Allanon and Osk! That was very helpful. I will work towards lightforge then. It seems that I should change my talents to mostly Holy. Will see what I can come up with. Again, thank you...I really appreciate the help! :)

I have always had a passion for tanking, don't know why, but I do. And certainly based on the prot tree for paladins it looks like it will only get better in BC. Some really good talents are being put in :)

Back