Paladin Threat

Bowser

Tribe of Judah StarCraft Series Chapter Leader
I am kinda thinking about the same thing, not sure which would be better for the pally tanks but you will probably have to wait for the patch to get the threat enchant, there isn't many on the server with it now but in the patch it will be available from the sha'tar quartermaster.

I am still partial to stamina above all as that is where we start to fall drastically behind the other tanks right now. Threat has been a rare issue with 200 spell damage.

Threat's still an issue for me, especially tanking non-undead bosses (Kara rules).

Granted, for whatever reason my Omen was not reporting correctly (it has since been fixed), but still, I seem to be falling behind on threat more than I like. When I group with people like Quantam or Treehouse it becomes apparent that I need to figure out a better way to hold aggro, and for a longer period of time.

Furthermore, if you go for too much stamina, you lose a lot of the mitigation :(. Pally tanks have a ton of concerns about stats, possibly more than any other class.

Treehouse and Quantam were both flying above me on boss fights in heroics last night:( The only time I seem to have no threat concerns is tanking multiple mobs, single mobs are our problem.

Make sure you are working on spell damage sets on the side for the lessor dungeons. I can go between uncrushable and 560 spell damage with my two sets of gear. It gives me some wiggle room with threat hogs. There is a great back that drops in Kara that tends to get DEd so make sure to snag one when it drops. It is an easy item to swap for an additional 40 spell dmg. Khorium plate has spell damage too and can be obtained through the AH.

Out of curiosity, did you put salvation on those two?

I usually put Salvation on myself and Righteous Fury on Quantam and Tree. Is it supposed to be the other way around?

oh yeah they had salv heh, and on boss fights in there they were above me on threat over half the fight. I was running full mitigation gear because we were tanking everything in there with no CC and you get 5 heroic mobs hitting you you want all the armor and mitigation and health you can get:) I probably should of scaled back for more +dmg gear on the bosses but they also hit pretty hard in there although im not sure how much of it is melee and how much is spell damage stuff so you could probably get away with less mitigation on the bosses although it seemed a lot easier to survive them being uncrushable heh, Tree and Q just had to watch they didnt get too far ahead of me:)

I spoke with Quantam real quick about this.

He suggested that the +20 spell damage is a 10% increase in aggro (assuming you had 200 spell damage). The other enchant only offers 2% increase in threat.

I think I'm going to go with this enchant, even though it's awefully expensive.

Wheretoo, is the item available through rep going to be the exact same thing enchanters can do?

the enchant recipe will be avaliable through rep with sha'tar. The original +threat to gloves was a rare aq40 drop and I have only heard of 1 or 2 people on th eserver having it, next patch the recipe will be available on vendors

The 2% threat on gloves, does it cause 2% more in general from ALL your abilities, or just melee attacks or just spells?

I feel loved that I'm mentioned in a tanking thread! :D :D :D

I caught a blip on the PTR patch notes that they are gonna fix our consecration to hit the big mobs. That will be nice, I found that a problem on big guys like gruul. To get my consc to hit I had to run under him and drop it then back out to melee

I am already uncrushable. With raid buffs, I can stay uncrushable and swap in the kara trash cloak with +40 holy spell damage. So I am at 200 spell damage in tanking gear + 40 additional dmg from mace + 40 from back without sacrificing crushability.

Back