Parents

rustom

Tribe of Judah Dota2 Chapter Leader
Hello everyone,

Recently, a bit over a month ago, my parents had a big argument because my dad found out about some money my mum had. This isn't the first time that this has happened, it's the third. During that time I was made to put everyone ounce of my strength into trusting the Lord; I also managed to share the gospel with both my parents but they didn't respond unfortunately. After more arguments, it seemed things were going back to normal but they could into yet another argument earlier.

My mum is trying to cope with the things that she has done and my dad (this has happened previously with his two ex-wives) is trying as well. I just wished that they would see marriage and deal with it in the way that God would and has. Please pray that there may be peace and that our Lord Jesus may be the centre of this family.

Thank you very much.

I'm praying for you Rustom and for your dad and mom. It sounds like there are some potentially serious unhealthy control/abuse happening with your parents. If your parents are avid church goers then I would approach your dad about seeing the pastor or a counselor at the church to get help. These things don't work themselves out automagically. God gave us the Body for a reason.

If you are too scared to talk with you dad I might approach your pastor and tell him the situation. Yeah I just said that. Your parents will be pissed, but if the church your going to is a Bible-following Jesus-loving church then they will come along side your folks and give them the help they need.

Another subtle approach since it's Christmas ... present idea... a gift card for a counseling session... too forward?

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your prayers! My parents have settled it once again, but they still lack a heart for God which is what troubles me the most. However, praise God!

Back