Patch 4.0.6

JattTheRogue

Patch 4.0.6 recently went up on the PTR. Here's a link to the patch notes:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1765534540

Obviously, the patch won't be coming out for another little while on the live servers, but you can see what it's going to look like now.

Rogues can either be happy or sad depending on what they play. They seem to have maybe (MAYBE) fixed combat's mastery, or at least changed it to something decent and not terrible by changing to to proc an extra MAIN HAND attack instead of off hand, and the proced attacks can proc combat potency, so they sort of took the best of both worlds. And they buffed revealing strike.

For both other specs, we just get a couple PVP nerfs that I'm frustrated about. They cut the duration of Smoke Bomb in half, meaning it's not long enough to drop out of combat like it is now. They also cut Combat Readiness down to 20 seconds rather than 30, giving us less survivability. Suckiness.

Oh, one more fun thing! We all get to reap the benefit of our critter massacre a little bit sooner! The Armadillo Pup will only require Revered with the guild, not Exalted.

I just noticed this fun addition to the patch notes: "All guild banners now reward bonus reputation in addition to honor and experience."

oo hadn;t noticed that in the notes..yay (I was putting the banner down all the time until someone pointed out it was only for honor and xp)

do you think we can do a guild run and stack 4-5 banners for extra rep :)

also I will have to actually buy one now...

Another cool note from the PTRs:

# Flask of <Cataclysm Flask> - Creates Flask of <Cataclysm Flask>. / Reagents: Volatile Life x 8, Herb 1 x 8, Herb 2 x 8, Crystal Vial

Less herbs and a bit more Volatile Life per flask. Alas, I think we'll probably have the 1000 Flasks achievement before this comes into effect.

do you think we can do a guild run and stack 4-5 banners for extra rep :)

also I will have to actually buy one now...

I was actually thinking about this. If you had a group of 5 guild members. You can lay one down every two minutes. With a CD of 10 minutes you would always have the extra rep/exp etc.

Ouch, a bunch of the new changes look painful for feral druids. Lowering all our bleeds a lot (because of pvp) and raising up our shred damage to make up for it, however shred can be tough on a lot of bosses and for pvp no one lets you stand there and attack there back...

They nerfed berserk, no longer immune to fear for 15 secs every 2 mins, considering warlocks and priests i had the best chance with one on one before i know that will make those fights ultra tough.

and now ..

Shapeshifts: Entering or leaving a shapeshift no longer cancels root effects. It continues to cancel movement slowing effects

What was the class defining move , shape-shifting out of binds/roots, etc will be gone. I really don't think we bring much to pvp anymore at this point, for lich king druids very few and far between on any rankings for pvp and i think you'll see less of them now in cata.

Another interesting note (ties into thread about heroics) is that Blizz is making some changes to almost every heroic encounter out there. Now don't take this the wrong way, NOT ALL OF THESE CHANGES ARE NERFS! There are a few encounters that the boss is getting a buff. One specifically is the last boss of heroic Vortex Pinnacle will now summon adds along with his other abilites. Didn't read through every single one in patch notes (way to many) but should balance out the dungeons a bit.

@vig - so now your feral druid will be the top dps by only a slim margin instead of by a large margin??

Not feral anymore, kept tank as one spec and my DPS spec is Moonkin :)

Just talking about feral DPS here, not bear :)

The big issue is they changed what the class is too much, the things that attracted me to the class in the first place even when we had very low DPS. We were the utility class; we could not complete with pure DPS classes but could do a lot of things. In PVP we had a tough time with most classes but we could get away from fights and run unlike other classes, so they only thing we really had was we could choose when to fight. None of the top ranked PVP teams had feral druids and it was fairly rare to see them anywhere in the higher standings.

So since then they have kept changing it to more DPS less utility so we could DPS almost as well as pure DPS classes but not quite which was fine (my DPS was ok but if you looked at the top guilds their pure DPS classes always outperform any of the hybrids by a good margin). In PVP this change affected us greatly; more DPS and less utility meant less survivability in an environment were DPS was lowered by resistance anyway. Because of this no top teams has feral DPS and I think when I did a search on the top 500 teams there was none.

Now in Cata we are more limited for DPS as our very old mechanic of needing to be behind the mob is not only extremely tough to do (bosses that spin) but it's impossible on some bosses. So it feels like we are going back to even lower DPS but now they have removed most of our utility. In PVP this has a big affect. Now we are rootable, our 15 sec immune to fear every 3 minutes is considered too much. No thorns as it pops you out of form, no heals now really (3 seconds in caster form for a 12k heal is not worth the risk).

Really its just we were the most mobile class in wow, which was the feral druid's calling card, we were fast, we could run away, we had to pick our fights (or we were toast), we had a bunch of tricks we could do to survive. If this was another game we would be like a scout really.

Now after years of changes we dropped the mobility slowly and with this next patch we are as they say on the boards, feral druids are now the least mobile of the classes/specs.

Reason I switched to moonkin is they still have the utility I miss. You DPS, you can drop not great heals but at least something a lot more noticeable then feral, you can cyclone to save someone, you can root, you can cast thorns, you can push back, you can silence, you have adds you can summon, I can run away from fights better if needed (root and sunbeam a caster, there stuck there rooted for 8 seconds),

Sorry I typed so much, guess I'm just trying to show it's not the DPS aspect really its how we DPS and the utility behind it that drives my change.

Back