Patch

Angus_Og

So thought I would drop by and see what everyone thought of the new patch? I will hate picking new talents myself.

well, I got a couple haircuts yesterday... haven't played much yet as I wait for all the mods and glitches to sort themselves out.

The new spec for most of my toons is sick..

It does add some more fun factor to a game I'm getting a bit bored with.. Killing Spree (Rogue) is a blast.. the MS warrior build is insane.. and grinding with my prot pally is even easier.. with the 6% mana regen in buffs and seals..

I didn't mind the time spent respecting..but troubleshooting and reconfiguring mods ..for 5 toons..got old fast...

Well, I have Drensharra pretty well sorted out. I actually saw her HPS go from an avg of 700-800 to an avg of 1400-1600 with no gear changes so that was nice.

My mage, I'm not so sure about. I kept him frost but I haven't seen much of a difference yet. I am going to mess around with it a little and if I still don't like it, maybe try arcane. At least with everything switched to +spell power instead of +fire/arcane/frost/healing etc, it is a bit easier to try other specs.

As for my druid or hunter, no idea yet. I want to take my druid balance I think, but I need a bit more gear to make the switch from feral to balance.

Trying to sort out the mods definitely isn't fun but it just serves as a reminder to me that sometimes, less is better. I am learning to like the built in mods more and more every time I have to update all the 3rd party ones.

All in all, there are enough changes to keep it interesting, hopefully until at least Wrath comes out.

Nathan

Off topic here but I'm kind of currious, what are those in your sig Angus, the bright wizard and the shadow warrior thing?

Hunter - about the same, dps wise. Tried SV, enjoyed it, as usual, but for soloing I just cant top BM. Have the very rare gorilla pet for solo play now (not an exotic, but fun nevertheless).

Pally (holy) - if anything, was buffed. Given more options than before, resulting in more healing if played well.

Lock - buffed and nerfed - PVE buffage in affliction for sure- check out Haunt spell. PVP - dies a LOT more - mainly due to other class buffs methinks.

Mage - about the same - couple of nice things (Full on frosty again, was arc/frost), but overall get the feeling his dps is fairly level from before.

Shadow priest - buffage for shadow damage for sure. Mind flay can crit on its ticks now! That and some of the changes result in decent overall damage increase.

Druid - havent even looked at him yet, Still trying to decide "resto or feral". Hopefully will get a go with him this week.

Overall impression is that war's and rogues and ret pally's got some significant flash that will have to be seriously nerfed it the balance doesnt change by the time we hit 80. All 3 seem OP atm with the talents they have now (pvp wise). On shotting 3 other players in 1.5 seconds will not be allowed to stand me thinks. This all may balance out though, only time will tell.

Achievements are fun, but mean it is VERY difficult to get a group at the moment.

I hate the zombie event. It brings out the young teenager in WAY too many people. I really DON'T want to be infected (No. Just no. Already been there done that, way too much this past week), yet every teen in heart thinks that I must want to be, otherwise, why am I bothering to play. *ugh* I will kill the zombies to limit the spread, which does infuriate these wannabe player zombies *grin*. Ya I grief them back....cleanse them on my pally too. The isle was infected to the point of not being able to get ANY of the coast dailies completed. I "cleansed" an area with my gorilla and his pet hunter and waited for repops to finish off one quest.

Whatever impression you got from my text above, overall I like the changes. There will have to be some balancing, but *shrug* I flow with the changes and play what I have fun with. Hope you do too. Get ready for the ride....

Last edited:
The update is ok - actually added some spice to the game. A good Ret Pally can pwn in pvp. And I only have a lvl 19 one...

The plague mad me mad enough that I am cancelling my supscription for a while. I need time away anyhow.

Back