Path of Exile Open Beta

Daniel434

This weekend if anyone is interested. Here is the e-mail I received:

EDIT: Should have said stress test weekend, oh well, all the same I suppose.

Action RPG Path of Exile will be open to everyone this weekend, July 27-29, so that we can stress-test our servers in preparation for entering Open Beta in a few months.

If you've been patiently waiting to try Path of Exile's dark and customizable gameplay, now is your chance to check out the game - for one weekend only.

The game has been in Closed Beta since last August and we have been regularly adding new content, classes and skills. The latest version adds a huge Act Two boss fight, the end-game Maps system and a new passive skill tree with over 1300 skills to customize your character with. The open weekend will include the first two acts of the game, Default and Hardcore leagues, six character classes, approximately 70 active skills, 40 support gems and hundreds of item types.

We will make the game servers public from 5pm on Friday 27 July Pacific Daylight Time until 11:59pm on Sunday. Over 48,000 people played during our last Open Weekend in May. Any feedback you provide this weekend will help us get ready for our permanent Open Beta.

Check out the FAQ about the open weekend at www.pathofexile.com/publicweekend/.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them on the forums. See you this weekend!

Kind regards,
Chris Wilson
Grinding Gear Games

Just a heads up,
Daniel

Last edited:
I took a look at a screenshot and my immediate thought was: "Diablo clone!" Then my wrists started hurting until I closed that tab in my browser.

The game does look very polished, but if it controls like I think it does (i.e. click click click click click click click click click click click click click), I'll have to pass if only for fear of carpal tunnel syndrome.

The rest of you with more resistant wrists and a greater fondness of Diablo will likely want to give it a shot, though.

Back