Pawn

[7F]LarryBoy

In an effort to help speed up my decision-making process around what is an upgrade or not in raids (the group I run with does loot FAST), I went hunting for a mod I had read about in the EJ forums...and I found it: PAWN.

Pawn assesses the value of items for you to make it easy to decide which items are better than others. It's similar in purpose to mods such as Tank Points, but completely customizable, and applicable to any class and situation. You can use it to help create multiple gear sets, or decide whether to take that weapon with higher DPS or the one with more crit rating, or decide between a necklace with MP5 and one with bonus healing.

Basically, you set up weights, or points, for each stat. Then, when you mouse over an item, it will show the total score for that item in the tooltip. It's really going to help me - I won't have to alt-tab out of wow to look at my gear lists, which takes time. I can just mouse over what I have and what dropped and see right away how much of an upgrade the item is.

I figured since it's helpful to me, my guild mates might want to know about it!

Thanks! Since I am running in the same raid group as you, I know what you are talking about. I missed out on one of the rolls last night because I didn't catch the item roll in time due to dispatching some mob trash and not seeing the call to roll in time.

I installed the program and I look forward to setting it up and trying it out. Thanks again for posting this.

Brian

Back