PC TV Tuners.

Corpfox

I've been saying it many times.

I want something that can Record from TV while playing PS2 (for example) then transfer it on the PC and download it to YouTube.

I've talked to Atown with USB and PCI, but I have no idea about it. And what brand is the better too? ATI? Dazzle?

A comparison:

ATI USB Tuner

KWorld PCI Tuner

Which is better, USB or PCI? And which is also the better brand?

Anything within $100, as its only for recording video gaming.

The gaming videos on YouTube, that is what I want to do with my games.

Last edited:
I have a WinTV card by Hauppauge. It's a great card and I would personally recommend Hauppauge. Most of their basic cards run between 50 and 100.

ok you want to capture your system's video output while paying games? what are the specs of your computer? You are going to need some serious horsepower to do this.

Last edited:
ok you want to capture your system's video output while paying games? what are the specs of your computer? You are going to need some serious horsepower to do this.

Really? Like a MGS4 gameplay video on Youtube?

Athlon 64 3800+
2.4Ghz
3GB DDR Ram
320GB Sata-II HDD
20GB IDE HDD
Geforce 7900GS GDDR3 256MB Video Card PCI-E
Realtek 850 7.1 channel AC'97 audio codec
Windows XP SP3

Last edited:
MGS4 is off the ps3, so its input only. if you wanted to capture say crysis at max graphics, you might have a problem.

I am so mad and confused.

I went to 3 different stores for TV tuners. Some of the products they don't have than others and some of their prices are a little higher than others...

I found a Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1600 PCI pretty cheap than the other 2 stores. Just to make sure before I was going buy, I ask the important question, Can it record gaming? They said, No. :eek:

So, I asked if any of their TV Tuners, PCI-E, USB, WHATEVER they had I can record gaming from the TV, and disappointingly, they said none of their TV Tuners can do that. :mad:

Mad and confused, like I said above, I watched a couple YouTubes to see HOW EXACT they did it. It turns out all I need is AV Cables which seems to be very cheap. Unfortunately, none of the people in the stores could "advise" that I would need to use extra AV Cables. -_-

Since a Dazzle seems to work, looks easy and is $100, I just get that next time and find some extra AV Cables.

It seems lame they can only "advise" me about the product from the box, I mean they had to look at the box just to tell what it does and uses...

Actually, some of the videos, they use the AV Cables and AV Splitters. But still, none of that advice from the "experts" in Bestbuy, Futureshop and London Drugs.

Last edited:
But still, none of that advice from the "experts" in Bestbuy, Futureshop and London Drugs.
"Best Buy" and "experts" should not be used in the same sentence unless you're talking about car audio (and even then, I'm not sure it would be a good idea; I just know that Geek Squad is a group of salespeople posing as technicians).

I never walk into a Best Buy (in Oklahoma or Missouri) expecting any kind of help. I know what I want to buy when I go in, I go in, get it, take it to the counter, buy it, and walk out.

I'd recommend skipping the brick and mortar stores, continuing your research on PC TV tuners until you figure out exactly what you want, and buying it on Newegg Canada.

I'd recommend skipping the brick and mortar stores, continuing your research on PC TV tuners until you figure out exactly what you want, and buying it on Newegg Canada.

Unfortunately, the Canadian site has limited items than the US.

Its has no Pinnacle Dazzles while the US has 2 kinds.

I even checked NCIX.com and they are out of stock.

I'll just get a Dazzle since it looks easy and the extra parts/wires are cheap to get.

BLAH!

Looking and looking and looking is so tiring.

It seems, assuming, the US has better cables/connectors than Canada.

This is what I need

Y-Cable RCA; 3 male connectors

Triple Plug Coupler; 6 female connectors (3 on each side)

This is what I found, here

Y-Cable RCA; 2 male connectors, 1 female connector

Double Plug Couplers; 4 female connectors (2 on each side)

The Double Plug Couplers, which I can't find it, are $6.99 CDN and are only Red and Black Plugs which apparently says its for both audio/video.

Based from this Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNPkmA6Gwfc

What I have for connectors on the TVs:

The old TV, its a Sony 32' TV. It has 1 Video IN, 1 S-Video IN and 1 Audio OUT.

The new TV, its a Sony 40' LCD TV. It has 2 Components IN, 2 HDMI, 1 Video IN, 1 S-Video IN, 1 Audio OUT and 1 Digital Audio Out.

IF I had "Radioshacks" wires, it would be perfect, but I don't. :(

I got ONE Playstation 2 that uses Video IN. I will get a Dazzle, which uses Video IN, too. And also, I got ONE S-Video cable.

From what I can think of, I would need to buy ONE Double Plug Couplers and TWO Y-Cable RCA; 2 Male, 1 Female.

ARGH!

I'll just make a diagram and post it here, explaining is too hard.

Last edited:
Back